Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks to this forum..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to this forum..

Recently I have been on fire.  Bit of history, I have been watching my credit like a hawk for about the last 8 months.  No more baddies, paid off a collection I had and they agreed that they would wipe it off my credit if I paid in full.  I paid and they held up their end and my credit shot up almost 70 points from just wiping out that baddie off my record.  I've had a secured Alaska USA card for 4.5 years but haven't really used it much and when I did I went about it all wrong.  I maxed the card out and not knowing any better just made slightly more then the minimum payment every month which didn't help me at all.  

Have been talking about buying a house lately and so I started to research my credit and ways to increase my score.  Amazing what I thought I knew about credit was totally wrong.  CK was my first resource and I started reading up on everything I could.  Applied for Cap-1 and was approved for a $300.00 Platinum.  Started spending money on that thing like crazy and everytime the balance was available to be paid I paid it sometimes 3x's a week.  Couple months later my score was increasing nicely and I decided to apply for a Chase Freedom for the hell of it.  Bam approved for $4K!  Scores at the time on CK were low 600's.  Got bitten by the bug and decided to apply for a Discover and was approved again for the "it" card $1k.  My TU score was sent with my Discover card and they said it was 666 while CK said it was around 620.

Well I was waiting for both of those cards to hit my report because I knew my score was going to get a nice little bump and once discover hit I applied to NCFU for a checking/savings account.  After they approved me I immediately applied for the CLOC and a Cash Rewards card after reading the phenomenal reviews about the crazy limits they were approving.  They approved me for both with a $15k limit on the CLOC and a $24k limit on the cash rewards card!

Thought I was done app'in but I have been wanting that Amex bluecash everyday card.  Well I applied on Sunday afternoon and immediately got the message they would get back to me in 14 days with an answer.  After researching here on the forums I found the backdoor number.  Called them this morning and they just asked me some normal questions and immediately approved me for $1k.  Wasn't exactly the SL I was looking for but to be honest I'm just glad to get approved for the Amex after reading that they are fairly hard to get approved for.  If it wasn't for this forum and you guys keeping people like myself informed I may not have gotten approved for that Amex.  Thanks myFico friends!

Hopefully in the next 6 months or so I can increase these cards.  What other cards do you all reccommend?  I want to continue my spree until I get tired of it then chill in the garden to let the HP's drop off.  I don't have anything but cash rewards cards, no department stores or anything else.  Suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks again 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thanks to this forum..

Wow! That is amazing! You have done well in a short period of time. I would say to chill and jump in the garden now. You have more approvals than most people...even better limits. So I would let those accounts age and your scores will be even higher. Congrats again!!
Message 2 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Amazing job! Congrats on your success. I would recommend to take a break for awhile as it seems you are pretty well covered with some great cards but if you look at your disco and Amex approvals, they seem to be starting you out low which from what ive read here may mean you were just able to get what they are confotable giving. They say when you are app spreeing and the approved credit limits continue to go down in amount it may be a good time to apply the brakes. The great thing is your Amex and Discover can grow like a hot ember if given the chanceSmiley Happy. Again, nice job and enjoySmiley Happy
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Love it!!!! Congrats! Enjoy your success! 

Next card......I think your set. You don't want to risk all the hard work you've put into your success. Don't keep apping till you start to get denials. You've had a solid run 👍🏾 IMO you should hang out with us in the garden for a bit and let your accounts age. 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quite a inspiring credit journey! Keep up the good work!!

Message 5 of 10
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

You've done a great job, and congrats to you on all your success!
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would garden for the next two years or so. You're pretty solid right now.

Congrats on all of your hard work. Enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow...

😃<____!!!NOIIICE!!!____>😃
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone, appreciate the positive attitude!  Been reading a ton of threads here and soaking up all the good info.  Thanks for everything!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, LILCeeZ!!! That is awesome to get a card that was on your "wish" list! Great work, and an inspiration to people like me that have my eye on a certain prize...or prizes. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.