The Anniston Tidal Wave…AOD FCU Approvals Thread

tag
CBrow
Regular Contributor

Re: The Anniston Tidal Wave…AOD FCU Approvals Thread

@nuohlac wrote:

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

@nuohlac wrote:

You can add me to the "Awaiting approval confirmation:" list. I pulled the trigger this morning.

EQ5 713

@nuohlac Congrats, got it! Let us know the result

Please Update to approved: 

Allison countered with 15k @8.99% (I accepted). She said the UW's reasoning was they wanted to have room if I needed any additional products and I have opened 16 new accounts in the last 24 months 🤡🤡🤡.

Yep. Same reasoning for my counter offer. But that's a smart play honestly. Don't have your customer relationship be over one product, have it be over multiple products.

Message 51 of 629
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

@nuohlac wrote:

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

@nuohlac wrote:

You can add me to the "Awaiting approval confirmation:" list. I pulled the trigger this morning.

EQ5 713

@nuohlac Congrats, got it! Let us know the result

Please Update to approved: 

Allison countered with 15k @8.99% (I accepted). She said the UW's reasoning was they wanted to have room if I needed any additional products and I have opened 16 new accounts in the last 24 months 🤡🤡🤡.

@nuohlac Congratulations! List updated. BTW, I received the same explanation and SL. I tried to counter but it wasn't gonna happen.

Message 52 of 629
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

"Congratulations on your approval! .. they tried to throw the same thing at me about future additional products,

I told Collin I did not need those and I wanted the full $25K or I would withdraw the app. They gave me the full $25K." - @M_Smart007

We all just need to have one of the Big boys from the MyFico negotiation committee on the phone with us going forward. Smiley LOL

Message 53 of 629
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

@nuohlac wrote:

"Congratulations on your approval! .. they tried to throw the same thing at me about future additional products,

I told Collin I did not need those and I wanted the full $25K or I would withdraw the app. They gave me the full $25K." - @M_Smart007

We all just need to have one of the Big boys from the MyFico negotiation committee on the phone with us going forward. Smiley LOL

Haha yes, we need our MyFico resident attorney @M_Smart007 on speed dial

Message 54 of 629
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nuohlac wrote:

I mean that could have also played out a very different way. 

I had no problem unplugging my computer to disconnect the phone call without logging as a dropped call when I worked at Comcast and someone that entitled hit my line. I am sure it's just as easy to disappear a credit application or come back a day later and say that on second review, there were too many new accounts opened. 🤷‍♂️ 

Message 55 of 629
CBrow
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@nuohlac wrote:

I had no problem unplugging my computer to disconnect the phone call without logging as a dropped call when I worked at Comcast and someone that entitled hit my line. I am sure it's just as easy to disappear a credit application or come back a day later and say that on second review, there were too many new accounts opened. 🤷‍♂️ 

There's definitely less blunt, nicer ways to ask about it in negotiation that's for sure. Regardless, $15k is a pretty respectable SL for a small CU.

But ooohhh...you're ex-Comcast. We can't be friends anymore Smiley Wink

Message 56 of 629
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CBrow wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@nuohlac wrote:

There's definitely less blunt, nicer ways to ask about it in negotiation that's for sure. Regardless, $15k is a pretty respectable SL for a small CU.

But ooohhh...you're ex-Comcast. We can't be friends anymore Smiley Wink

Yeah I'm not really a fan of people who bully people into doing things. If that was me on the other end, I would have obliged the request to withdraw the app entirely. 

Comcast was a love-hate relationship. I worked in sales which meant I had to take a lot of calls that had nothing to do with sales because all zero mashers went to us. Excellent benefits and decent pay but a ton of stress and I had to get out when my panic attacks got so bad I burned through all of my intermittent FMLA hours. 

I am still a Comcast customer though. CenturyLink is our only other option. I would rather be forced to use Sprint than use CenturyLink. 🤷‍♂️ 

Message 57 of 629
Eagered2succeed
Frequent Contributor

@PullingMeSoftly please move me to the approval side just received the call. 8K limit 7.49 apr 😁. 

Message 58 of 629
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

@Eagered2succeed wrote:

@PullingMeSoftly please move me to the approval side just received the call. 8K limit 7.49 apr 😁. 

Awesome, congrats! You're updated, cheers

Message 59 of 629
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@nuohlac wrote:

When you negotiate for a living, like some of us do that does not seem like an entitled position. He is merely advocating in his best interest, while Collin was conveying the banks position. I represent train dispatchers on both freight and commuter railroads negotiating collective bargaining agreements for them. You would be surprised at what is said across those tables. In a moment like that- where time is not a luxury you have; direct is your only course. I also think AOD realizes they have struck gold with this huge flood of "well qualified" applicants and want to accommodate all of them. Why? Because they value the quality of what they are seeing come across the table and do not want to lose a single one of them. Three weeks ago none of us knew who they were, we are not local and they know that. His profile is nice old and thick (he leveraged his assets) and AOD was willing to come to terms in order to reach agreement. This is much more negotiation than customer service. If my file were like his I am sure I would have done the same.

Message 60 of 629
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.