Did you mean: 

The Anniston Tidal Wave…AOD FCU Approvals Thread

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: The Anniston Tidal Wave…AOD FCU Approvals Thread

@PullingMeSoftly 

Thanks for the hard work !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 61 of 629
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:
Thank you for compiling the information!

Thought for sure I would see @AllZero on that list?

@M_Smart007  It's very tempting. Hope it will be around when I step out of the garden in July.

Message 62 of 629
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nuohlac wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@nuohlac wrote:

"Congratulations on your approval! .. they tried to throw the same thing at me about future additional products,

I told Collin I did not need those and I wanted the full $25K or I would withdraw the app. They gave me the full $25K." - @M_Smart007

We all just need to have one of the Big boys from the MyFico negotiation committee on the phone with us going forward. Smiley LOL

I mean that could have also played out a very different way. 

I had no problem unplugging my computer to disconnect the phone call without logging as a dropped call when I worked at Comcast and someone that entitled hit my line. I am sure it's just as easy to disappear a credit application or come back a day later and say that on second review, there were too many new accounts opened. 🤷‍♂️ 

When you negotiate for a living, like some of us do that does not seem like an entitled position. He is merely advocating in his best interest, while Collin was conveying the banks position. I represent train dispatchers on both freight and commuter railroads negotiating collective bargaining agreements for them. You would be surprised at what is said across those tables. In a moment like that- where time is not a luxury you have; direct is your only course. I also think AOD realizes they have struck gold with this huge flood of "well qualified" applicants and want to accommodate all of them. Why? Because they value the quality of what they are seeing come across the table and do not want to lose a single one of them. Three weeks ago none of us knew who they were, we are not local and they know that. His profile is nice old and thick (he leveraged his assets) and AOD was willing to come to terms in order to reach agreement. This is much more negotiation than customer service. If my file were like his I am sure I would have done the same.

But that's the thing - they clearly know there are other fish in the sea waiting too. I think it's great customer service on their part for giving it to him, I just don't agree with the "give it all to me or I'm leaving" mentality. $15K is still a very respectable credit limit when you already have a ton more credit elsewhere. That's also $10K that could have gone to someone who would have used it instead of it just sitting unused. I'm going to step off my soapbox though. I was more impressed that their customer service is so good that it worked than wanting to have it go into a discussion about decorum. 

Message 63 of 629
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Eagered2succeed wrote:

@PullingMeSoftly please move me to the approval side just received the call. 8K limit 7.49 apr 😁. 

@Eagered2succeed 

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 64 of 629
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@nuohlac wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@nuohlac wrote:

"Congratulations on your approval! .. they tried to throw the same thing at me about future additional products,

I told Collin I did not need those and I wanted the full $25K or I would withdraw the app. They gave me the full $25K." - @M_Smart007

We all just need to have one of the Big boys from the MyFico negotiation committee on the phone with us going forward. Smiley LOL

I had no problem unplugging my computer to disconnect the phone call without logging as a dropped call when I worked at Comcast and someone that entitled hit my line. I am sure it's just as easy to disappear a credit application or come back a day later and say that on second review, there were too many new accounts opened. 🤷‍♂️ 

When you negotiate for a living, like some of us do that does not seem like an entitled position. He is merely advocating in his best interest, while Collin was conveying the banks position. I represent train dispatchers on both freight and commuter railroads negotiating collective bargaining agreements for them. You would be surprised at what is said across those tables. In a moment like that- where time is not a luxury you have; direct is your only course. I also think AOD realizes they have struck gold with this huge flood of "well qualified" applicants and want to accommodate all of them. Why? Because they value the quality of what they are seeing come across the table and do not want to lose a single one of them. Three weeks ago none of us knew who they were, we are not local and they know that. His profile is nice old and thick (he leveraged his assets) and AOD was willing to come to terms in order to reach agreement. This is much more negotiation than customer service. If my file were like his I am sure I would have done the same.

But that's the thing - they clearly know there are other fish in the sea waiting too. I think it's great customer service on their part for giving it to him, I just don't agree with the "give it all to me or I'm leaving" mentality. $15K is still a very respectable credit limit when you already have a ton more credit elsewhere. That's also $10K that could have gone to someone who would have used it instead of it just sitting unused. I'm going to step off my soapbox though. I was more impressed that their customer service is so good that it worked than wanting to have it go into a discussion about decorum. 

Hey wait @Anonymous , who said it would go unused? .. You know I use within $1 of my limits.

I Can can easily max the AOD card out in the 1st week.

Even on the $80K-$90K cardsSmiley Surprised

Also I was not bully'ing them, Strictly business. IMO

As @nuohlac , so elequently put it, not a lot of time to play the game.

I simply gave them the choice, they decided.

Message 65 of 629
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Sorry, @PullingMeSoftly .. Don't want to go OT on your original thread.

Great WorkSmiley Happy

Message 66 of 629
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@nuohlac wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@nuohlac wrote:

Hey wait @Anonymous , who said it would go unused? .. You know I use within $1 of my limits.

I Can can easily max the AOD card out in the 1st week.

Even on the $80K-$90K cardsSmiley Surprised

Also I was not bully'ing them, Strictly business. IMO

As @nuohlac , so elequently put it, not a lot of time to play the game.

I simply gave them the choice, they decided.

I forgot that you actually use your cards @M_Smart007. I take back what I said then. It just annoyed me thinking that the $10K could have gone to someone who would have used it. I mean we clearly see they are getting tapped on reserves now and they're tightening up as a result. 

Message 67 of 629
CBrow
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I forgot that you actually use your cards @M_Smart007. I take back what I said then. It just annoyed me thinking that the $10K could have gone to someone who would have used it. I mean we clearly see they are getting tapped on reserves now and they're tightening up as a result. 

This is why I put in more to the savings account than the required $25. Plus, one idea I'm thinking of is since the cash back is auto applied, transfer the equivalent into the savings account and let it sit/grow. I did suggest to Ethyn that we should have the option to put the rewards into an AOD account in the future. 

Message 68 of 629
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous, It is all goodSmiley Happy

Message 69 of 629
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CBrow wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is why I put in more to the savings account than the required $25. Plus, one idea I'm thinking of is since the cash back is auto applied, transfer the equivalent into the savings account and let it sit/grow. I did suggest to Ethyn that we should have the option to put the rewards into an AOD account in the future. 

I don't mind the auto redemption as long as it works as advertised. I also don't mind the low savings rates in exchange for the 3% on the card and will put money in the savings anyway. 

Message 70 of 629
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.