Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Anniston Tidal Wave…AOD FCU Approvals Thread

tag
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

Re: The Anniston Tidal Wave…AOD FCU Approvals Thread

VictorySmiley Happy

Not sure if I am putting this in the right spot, but I am keeping my promise @PullingMeSoftly 

Only problem is I don't have that many DPs.

I waited for Amanda to call all day, and wouldn't you know when I am at the market in the middle of paying, I see the phone ring and I was prepared to know what area code would be calling, otherwise I am bad with not taking calls that I don't recognize the #.

So I had her wait while I was paying for my groceries (nice gal btw, I complemented her on her accent Smiley Very Happy) I said I hope I don't need to be in front of a computer because I am in a parking lot. She said no just had some things to go over. So in a nutshell, I asked for $25K, I **thought** I wouldn't get that, but I was hoping and thought IF approved I had a shot @ $10K-$15K, she offered me $5K Smiley Indifferent

I said can I counter that offer, she said that WAS the counter offer. She nicely explained it to me, but I was battling wind, wearing a mask, in a parking lot, so I am not sure exactly what she said - but it was basically that offer or nothing. I asked her if that was for the signature card and she said yes, and I asked if I could ever try for a CLI in the future and she said yes.

So when I got home the remaining docusign is there, but I dont see anything about a card, just the savings account, which she told me I can fund with her tomorrow.

So bittersweet, but hey, a $5000 unicorn is better than no unicorn, right?  Smiley LOL

Thanks to everyone on here, the OP (I forget his name) for bringing this to my and everyone's attention. @PullingMeSoftly @Anonymous @Gmood1 @coldfusion and I am missing a lot more for all your help and and good wishes.

I am definitely gardening now  Smiley LOL

Potential Future Cards
Message 81 of 629
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Wavester64 

Congrats on getting in and landing the card!

I know you had your doubts. 

Good stuff!!

Message 82 of 629
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

Thanks buddy! @Gmood1 

How would I find out what % I got - I dont recall Amanda mentioning on the phone, and the log-in information was for a savings account that still isn't funded. 

Potential Future Cards
Message 83 of 629
Eagered2succeed
Frequent Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

VictorySmiley Happy

Not sure if I am putting this in the right spot, but I am keeping my promise @PullingMeSoftly 

I waited for Amanda to call all day, and wouldn't you know when I am at the market in the middle of paying, I see the phone ring and I was prepared to know what area code would be calling, otherwise I am bad with not taking calls that I don't recognize the #.

So I had her wait while I was paying for my groceries (nice gal btw, I complemented her on her accent Smiley Very Happy) I said I hope I don't need to be in front of a computer because I am in a parking lot. She said no just had some things to go over. So in a nutshell, I asked for $25K, I **thought** I wouldn't get that, but I was hoping and thought IF approved I had a shot @ $10K-$15K, she offered me $5K Smiley Indifferent

I said can I counter that offer, she said that WAS the counter offer. She nicely explained it to me, but I was battling wind, wearing a mask, in a parking lot, so I am not sure exactly what she said - but it was basically that offer or nothing. I asked her if that was for the signature card and she said yes, and I asked if I could ever try for a CLI in the future and she said yes.

So when I got home the remaining docusign is there, but I dont see anything about a card, just the savings account, which she told me I can fund with her tomorrow.

So bittersweet, but hey, a $5000 unicorn is better than no unicorn, right?  Smiley LOL

Thanks to everyone on here, the OP (I forget his name) for bringing this to my and everyone's attention. @PullingMeSoftly @Anonymous @Gmood1 @coldfusion and I am missing a lot more for all your help and and good wishes.

I'm predicting most going forward will be more in the 5K range which is not bad. It's better that they're doing that instead of shutting the card completely. This little cu expected the card to be a hit but not as big of a hit as it's become. I'm sure after it's all said and done they will have a company meeting to discuss everything lol. Hopefully the big wigs reward them with something to show appreciation for all the hard work they've been putting in.

Message 84 of 629
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Wavester64 

You'll receive a DocuSign for the CC.

It will state the % and credit limit approved.

Message 85 of 629
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

>>I'm predicting most going forward will be more in the 5K range which is not bad. It's better that they're doing that instead of shutting the card completely. This little cu expected the card to be a hit but not as big of a hit as it's become. I'm sure after it's all said and done they will have a company meeting to discuss everything lol. Hopefully the big wigs reward them with something to show appreciation for all the hard work they've been putting in.

Yeah, that is why I went for it now instead of waiting. I have a baddie that still needs to scroll off EQ come June 10 this year, but I was afraid this CC deal would be long gone by then so I winged it. During the app it asked if I had a BK in 7/10 years (I forget the #) and it killed me to say yes with 48-days to go, but I wanted to be honest and do the right thing (not to mention they pull from EQ so they'll see it anyway). Yeah, I didn't get what I wanted, but at least I am in the game Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 86 of 629
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Wavester64  Congratulations!

Message 87 of 629
CBrow
Regular Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

>>I'm predicting most going forward will be more in the 5K range which is not bad. It's better that they're doing that instead of shutting the card completely. This little cu expected the card to be a hit but not as big of a hit as it's become. I'm sure after it's all said and done they will have a company meeting to discuss everything lol. Hopefully the big wigs reward them with something to show appreciation for all the hard work they've been putting in.

Yeah, that is why I went for it now instead of waiting. I have a baddie that still needs to scroll off EQ come June 10 this year, but I was afraid this CC deal would be long gone by then so I winged it. During the app it asked if I had a BK in 7/10 years (I forget the #) and it killed me to say yes with 48-days to go, but I wanted to be honest and do the right thing (not to mention they pull from EQ so they'll see it anyway). Yeah, I didn't get what I wanted, but at least I am in the game Smiley Happy

That’s a great way to look at it. Congrats and welcome to the family!

Message 88 of 629
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

VictorySmiley Happy

Congrats on the approval! At least they predict and acknowledge growth potential.

Its really time for @AllZero to not pass this one up. 😆 🤗 

Message 89 of 629
Credit_Master
Regular Contributor

@CBrow wrote:

@Credit_Master wrote:

I was expecting a denial and AOD didn't disappoint. I am sure DTI with the way they supposedly calculate is what got me shot down. Oh well will continue to wait on my 91/3 with NFCU who has treated me so well.

Sorry to hear :/ but worth the try! Any DPs you can share regarding the debts/credit lines you have that would go into the decision?

Thanks for the condolensces @CBrow. I would share my DTI but lord only knows what it would be by their calculations. I will just say that the way they calculate student loans is no where near what I pay a month as I am on IBR plan. By their calculations I am paying $525 a month and I don't even pay half that. That is all I can share as I am a private person but I really do appreciate everyone else who shares their information for others to use as a gauge in their credit seeking ventures. 

Current Cards

Goal Cards

Total CL $77,100
Message 90 of 629
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.