Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Anniston Tidal Wave…AOD FCU Approvals Thread

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: The Anniston Tidal Wave…AOD FCU Approvals Thread

@RehabbingANDBlabbing wrote:

Womp womp, I was denied for too many new accounts. I think I am at 9/24 due to refinancing my car twice, so that's fine. The representative was really nice and handled me having a fraud alert very professionally by asking me verification questions, rather than making me go through some ridiculous verification process. If this card is still alive in a year, I will definitely re-apply, because I am a sucker for good customer service as well as cash back.

@RehabbingANDBlabbing 

I'm sorry to hear that! I was rooting for you to land this one. They have certainly tightened the reins!!

9/24? Yeah, there's no way I would have been approved, if I waited to apply.

Thank you for letting us know how it went.

Hopefully it will still be available when you decide to try again.

Message 321 of 629
Anonymous
Not applicable

With all of the commercial banks acting weird these days I decided to bring my business to elsewhere and join some credit unions. My ultimate goal was to get the best credit card rates. I went ahead and got on the AOD tidal wave and bingo!  Approved $ 20,000 @ 8.99% Fixed APR (3% Cashback)

DP's:

Current Scores:  767 EXP - 710 EQ - 786 TU

Most of the apps all pulled EQ. 3 New Accounts in Last 6 Months. 5 New Accounts within last twelve months. Income $140k. AAoA 16 months. UTL 3%. 

The most interesting application process was AOD FCU. They wanted me to send a selfie holding a paper with AODFCU written on it as part of the membership opening process. The credit app with them was automatically approved without the need for a manual review by an underwriter. You can fund your $25 membership savings over the phone using a credit/debit card up to $5,000 without a fee. The representative I spoke to was so friendly and personal.

Message 322 of 629
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous  Congratulations on your AOD approval! ...

Message 323 of 629
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I went ahead and got on the AOD tidal wave and bingo!  Approved $ 20,000 @ 8.99% Fixed APR (3% Cashback)

Congrats @Anonymous!  Great SL, and thanks for the DP's. You're on the board, really nice to see the wave continue!

Message 324 of 629
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently decided I wanted to get a bit more control over our money, budget, and spending. I, therefore, have begun seeking to focus on getting cash back cards that will allow me to save more money, start investing, and get out of the little debt (HELOC) faster.  Soooo... the AOD visa signature card is the perfect card to fill in the non-category spending gaps on my 5% cards. 

I applied for membership Monday night and got approved today! 8.99% 25k LOC. Very low utilization and DTI. My credit was 709 with them. Excited to get the card and I will probably see if I can send them more business. That's how impressed I was with the manager I dealt with. She was one of the best customer service agents I've worked with - ever. Really excited about this card and this new relationship with a cu. Thanks to all of you for bringing this card to my attention!

Now back to the garden... Smiley Happy

Message 325 of 629
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for membership Monday night and got approved today! 8.99% 25k LOC. Very low utilization and DTI. My credit was 709 with them.

@Anonymous congratulations! Glad to see AOD continuing to offer this product, approve new accounts, and still hand out the hefty SL's, sweet! Sounds like this will work in to supplement your rotators nicely.

Message 326 of 629
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently decided I wanted to get a bit more control over our money, budget, and spending. I, therefore, have begun seeking to focus on getting cash back cards that will allow me to save more money, start investing, and get out of the little debt (HELOC) faster.  Soooo... the AOD visa signature card is the perfect card to fill in the non-category spending gaps on my 5% cards. 

I applied for membership Monday night and got approved today! 8.99% 25k LOC. Very low utilization and DTI. My credit was 709 with them. Excited to get the card and I will probably see if I can send them more business. That's how impressed I was with the manager I dealt with. She was one of the best customer service agents I've worked with - ever. Really excited about this card and this new relationship with a cu. Thanks to all of you for bringing this card to my attention!

Now back to the garden... Smiley Happy

Congratulations on your approval! ...

Message 327 of 629
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for membership Monday night and got approved today! 8.99% 25k LOC. Very low utilization and DTI. My credit was 709

Congrats on a very nice approval!  Smiley Very Happy

And that's the first $25K approval I've seen in a while since they started clamping down on SLs, so extra congrats for that! 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 328 of 629
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the magnificent approvals there @Anonymous and @Anonymous !  Smiley Very Happy

Message 329 of 629
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

Our unicorn has officially landed on DOC, so expecting some incoming approvals...

Message 330 of 629
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.