Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Anniston Tidal Wave…AOD FCU Approvals Thread

tag
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: The Anniston Tidal Wave…AOD FCU Approvals Thread

@ChazzieT wrote:

I normally use my phone for AOD, but today I made one of my rare appearances on the website. Perhaps I just didn't notice it before, but I now have an AOD Visa tab all the way to the right and, after filling in some info and accepting T&C, it takes me to a snazzy new page for the card!

Yes, they have been a good CU to work with so far, but they are complicated with account access and technology!  Two different apps for accounts and card management and two different websites for accounts and card management, each requiring its' own setup!  But after you get going, it seems it works pretty well.  Just a little more complicated than some financial institutions. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 341 of 629
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldfusion wrote:

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

Our unicorn has officially landed on DOC, so expecting some incoming approvals...

If you read through the comments you'll see one claiming they're now limiting membership/approvals to residents of Alabama and parts of Georgia (I presume roughly along I-20 from the Alabama border east to Atlanta)

DPs supporting or refuting the claim would be useful.

I applied for membership around the time the DoC thread hit.  I do not live in Alabama, but joined through one of the organizations in this thread.  After 3 days, I had to do the ID/POI/selfie upload, and was approved for membership and the credit card the next day.

Message 342 of 629
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:   I applied for membership around the time the DoC thread hit.  I do not live in Alabama, but joined through one of the organizations in this thread.  After 3 days, I had to do the ID/POI/selfie upload, and was approved for membership and the credit card the next day.

Congrats on  your approval!  For our approvals listing, some data points would be helpful unless you've already posted in the approvals board.  In particular, approval starting limit, apr, FICO score, and Debt-to-income have been useful.  The DTI has proven to be a hurdle for some of our members since AOD has been more particular than some lenders regarding that.

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 343 of 629
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval @Anonymous !  Smiley Happy

Message 344 of 629
Anonymous
Not applicable

ugh signing up for the bicycle club and app'ing lol some good starting limits.

Message 345 of 629
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aim_High wrote:

Congrats on  your approval!  For our approvals listing, some data points would be helpful unless you've already posted in the approvals board.  In particular, approval starting limit, apr, FICO score, and Debt-to-income have been useful.  The DTI has proven to be a hurdle for some of our members since AOD has been more particular than some lenders regarding that.

EQ5 was 800+ in the month before applying, according to DCU and one other CU that gives me monthly EQ5 scores.  EQ new accounts were 0/3, 1/12, and 3/24.  Utilization is 1% of total credit and DTI is ~15%.  I asked for 10k because my existing non-category spend card (Penfed Powercash Rewards) is about the same limit, so I don't believe I'll need higher.  I think I was approved at 7.49 but since the rate is non-zero I won't ever pay it.

Message 346 of 629
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous congrats! Added you to the list, cheers

Message 347 of 629
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

Adding to the club, congrats @Anonymous on your $5k (7.49%) approval! Great to see 2 months in and approvals still happening, cheers.

For DP's, please provide your EQ5, UT % and DTI % if you can, thanks

Message 348 of 629
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous 

Message 349 of 629
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are AOD approvals still happening?

Im wondering because Im self employed and wondering about the POI issue? Has anyone applied as self-employed and if so what have they requested as POI?

Thanks for the feedback!

Message 350 of 629
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.