cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Children's Place SCT Finally Worked...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Children's Place SCT Finally Worked...

Between my daughter and granddaughter, I live in The Children's Place. When I realized how much money I was leaving on the table in rewards by not putting purchases on a Children's Place rewards card, I wanted one, but I didn't want a hard pull on my credit report as I am refinancing my house and waiting to app for the CSR in April when I am eligible for the bonus. 

I have tried the SCT several times over the last few weeks since learning about it on the forum (like 10-15). I got the pop up every single time and every single time I tried I got a message that we are reviewing your request.  UGH!!!  I literally spend way more money than I should in this store and I have coupons coming up and they are offering DOUBLE REWARDS (double for being a loyalty member and double for being a card member so a $50 purchase = $10 reward with card). I NEED THIS CARD!!!

I got an email today congratulating me on my pre-approval (whoo-hoo), but of course the actual app requested my full social (oh no - not happening). Let's try the SCT again, I have to get it now right? Nope!!! Got the review message. **bleep**!!!! C'mon. Just give me the dang card.

Took a walk, got a Starbucks, searched the forum trying to figure out where I went wrong. Found advice that said input your address exactly as it appears on your CR. Pulled my equifax and saw that my apartment is listed as well as my house. Hmmm... Let's put my apartment into the address box exactly as it is on the CR and try ONE LAST TIME!

Go through the process, get the pre-approved pop-up, filled out the form - last 4 digits only (YES!) and INSTANT SUCCESS!!! $1K CL. While I really value my travel rewards, I must say this particular store card has been on my radar for quite some time.   

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Children's Place SCT Finally Worked...

Used the SCT with the pop up Saturday on The Children’s Place website. I was approved by only giving the last 4 digits of my SSN. Today I got a notification that they did a EQ HP. Bummed that they did a hard pull.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh no. I will have to be on the lookout for that. Thanks for the heads up.

Message 3 of 4
ShatteredK
Regular Contributor

Congratulations with the SCT approval!
.:: AmEx Gold Delta | AmEx Blue Cash | Citi AAdvantage | Chase Amazon Prime Signature Visa | Wells Fargo Platinum::.
02.15.18:
Today:
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.