Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Curious Case of The Sock Drawer CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Curious Case of The Sock Drawer CLI

Funny thing happened this morning, while checking my emails I see CreditONE (a.k.a Sock Drawer King) sent me a message. To my surprise I have received a 50% CLI; took a month for me to get the card, NEVER used it, and only paid the initial $75 annual fee that came with the card. I would say they did a soft pull and saw my excellent scores BUT my FICO scores don't generate until 4.1.18. Maybe they gave it to me to entice usage but with interest accruing soon as a purchase posts it shall remain the King of the Sock Drawer.

c1.jpg

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Curious Case of The Sock Drawer CLI

Possibly because they want to charge you a fee for the credit limit increase. Better to watch the account activity and statements.

Message 2 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice, were it me with a Navy CR, a Capitol One Plat and the Express card, i'd deep six C2 so fast it'd make their head spin lol. They should be ashamed making their logo look like Capitol One.

SDK for now i guess since you paid the AF but if you want to close it you can wont affect muchSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCreditwrote:
Nice, were it me with a Navy CR, a Capitol One Plat and the Express card, i'd deep six C2 so fast it'd make their head spin lol. They should be ashamed making their logo look like Capitol One.

SDK for now i guess since you paid the AF but if you want to close it you can wont affect muchSmiley Wink

Yeah that $75 AF will hold me captive for another 10 months, after that SDK shall be disposed of...

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make certain to cancel well in advance

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep mark you calender to close that puppy!

And it is ok for premature closure on your end!!!

Yes that is scummy with their logo stealing. not sure why cap1 doesnt cap dat crap.

Message 6 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymouswrote:

Yep mark you calender to close that puppy!

And it is ok for premature closure on your end!!!

Yes that is scummy with their logo stealing. not sure why cap1 doesnt cap dat crap.

Believe it or not, Credit One had the logo first:  https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-05/the-strange-case-of-the-look-alike-credit-cards

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB
Believe it or not, Credit One had the logo first:  https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-05/the-strange-case-of-the-look-alike-credit-cards

wow, very interesting read. very very strange.

I guess they help each other out!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL I got that same message today.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol will take it amirite Smiley Happy

@Anonymouswrote:

Funny thing happened this morning, while checking my emails I see CreditONE (a.k.a Sock Drawer King) sent me a message. To my surprise I have received a 50% CLI; took a month for me to get the card, NEVER used it, and only paid the initial $75 annual fee that came with the card. I would say they did a soft pull and saw my excellent scores BUT my FICO scores don't generate until 4.1.18. Maybe they gave it to me to entice usage but with interest accruing soon as a purchase posts it shall remain the King of the Sock Drawer.

c1.jpg

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.