Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Devil made me do it! 3x Approvals!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Devil made me do it! 3x Approvals!

Hello everyone! I apologize in advance, this is a long one...again.

So, the week before last, I was looking around the forums (as I do regularly) and got kind of curious about getting a CareCredit acct. My DW has mentioned that I should apply for one for the past few months. She’s not the Devil, btw. I know it’s not the hardest card to get so, I applied citing the estimated cost of a dental procedure at $10k. Boom! Instant approval SL $6k. This is my largest SL to date!

They pulled TU, as expected. At the time of approval, TU Fico08 was at 634. >10% util and 8 new accts in the past 12mo. 5inq in the past 12mo. AAoA was 4yr 6mo.

Now, the good stuff.

NEVER have I gotten a prequal from Amex. So, Super Bowl Sunday 2/4, I’m browsing the forums again. I’ve been looking at Amex for quite some time, specifically Delta Gold as it seems to be the easiest card to get with Amex. I had gotten a marketing email about the DG and asked the community for some advice. Acting on the advice given, I checked Amex for any offers. Totally expecting nada, it was showing I was prequalified for the Green and Gold charged cards. My confidence got a boost.

I was chatting with another member here and they shared their experience applying for DG with no prequalified offers. I app’d for and was declined for this very card on Dec 26, 2018. Ex Fico 08 was 628. I decided to pull the trigger on the DG. Boom! Instant approval SL $1k. I couldn’t believe it.

The member also shared with me an approval for Hilton HH the same day with only one HP. Reluctantly, I pulled the trigger on that card as well. Boom! Instant approval SL $1k. Sooo happy I did!

Amex pulled Ex as expected. Fico08 at the time of approval was 646. Util at the time was 58% (did not show recent CLI’s. Updated util shows 20%, which is still off). AAoA 4yr 6mo. 8inq in 12mo. 8 new accts in 12mo.

The downside is Amex HP EX twice. Hoping one will fall off.

Super thanks to the members of the forum! Much love! A special thank you to @ImTheDevil for the added confidence boost and for taking the time to answer my questions. Very happy to have my foot in the door! Thank you!

To the garden I go. For real this time...maybe

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Devil made me do it! 3x Approvals!

Congratulations! WE1 on your 3 approvals. Three fine cards. 

Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations and don't apologize for the long story! Every little detail and feelings while being on this journey is important.

I'm was a little nervous  when I saw you say a username with 'devil' since mine has one as well. Haha!!

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

COngrats on your approvals !!!!

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

3x Approvals?

Fantastic job

Message 5 of 27
difringe
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!  That CareCredit one had to feel especially good!

Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very happy you got em - the CareCredit is a nice extra too! Nurture them and I have no doubt they’ll grow Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks y’all! Definitely gonna use them wisely. Shouldn’t be too difficult to hit the SUB. $1k spend in 3mo. 30,000 bonus miles on the DG and 75,000 points on the HHonors.

Wouldn’t have been possible without our community.
Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! WOW, some great cards!

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I’m excited!
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.