Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Haul!!!

tag
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

Re: The Haul!!!

@distantarray wrote:

That's great, but did you really need two hilton cards? lol i guess if you stay there a lot but still.... haha

and Delta skymiles are pretty terrible card.... worst card with Amex...... switch it to a BCP/BCE imo..... my dad's been playing around with his and we can't get **bleep** for what the advertised rate is. 1 Miles = 1.1 cent value after all the restrictions and impossible to redeem for advertised miles. It's sad we can't even get tickets when we try to plan about a year ahead with the price of miles quoted on their site.

Didn't need to AMEX Hilton card. The purpose of both the AMEX cards was to get back into the AMEX consumer door and to get the back dating affect of 1998. Hilton offerred me 60k points and have been sending AMEX offers to me for some time now. I had a Hilton Honors account previously.

The Citi Honors card is the one that I really wanted. Delta Sky is typically the easist revolver to get ,so many on this board say. 

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 11 of 28
distantarray
Established Contributor

@CreditEd wrote:

Didn't need to AMEX Hilton card. The purpose of both the AMEX cards was to get back into the AMEX consumer door and to get the back dating affect of 1998. Hilton offerred me 60k points and have been sending AMEX offers to me for some time now. I had a Hilton Honors account previously.

The Citi Honors card is the one that I really wanted. Delta Sky is typically the easist revolver to get ,so many on this board say. 

That's good I guess, but yea Delta Skymiles easier to get hardest card to actually redeem unless for cash at 1 penny a point value. But possible to PC to a BCE/BCP one of the hardest revolver to get in a few months oddly enough lol

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 12 of 28
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

That's good I guess, but yea Delta Skymiles easier to get hardest card to actually redeem unless for cash at 1 penny a point value. But possible to PC to a BCE/BCP one of the hardest revolver to get in a few months oddly enough lol

Will certainly heed your advice. Have not had a consumer AMEX card since 2005. Rebuilding with them was a maore goal. Thought the time was right while my score was at its peak.

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 13 of 28
distantarray
Established Contributor

@CreditEd wrote:

Will certainly heed your advice. Have not had a consumer AMEX card since 2005. Rebuilding with them was a maore goal. Thought the time was right while my score was at its peak.

yep backdating alone makes this worth it's weight in Gold for your credit score in rebuilding especially. But hey atleast the PC change choices which I was told was ONLY BCE/BCP I started laughing, because those are usually toughest to get. But this might be the better way to go since you can redeem miles per penny so the sign up bonus is better if you go this route.

Message 14 of 28
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

Doubt VERY seriously if I use the Delta card for miles in the first place. Will use Starwood or Bus Platinum to books flights. Must more bene's and rewards. Again this card I thought was the most likely to be approved for (like any of this is science...). Will use just enough to keep open. 

This cards purpse has been met allready!

Message 15 of 28
distantarray
Established Contributor

lol wait you already have starwood? oh wait those are business accounts lol, so this is your first amex in a while for personal right

Message 16 of 28
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

lol wait you already have starwood? oh wait those are business accounts lol, so this is your first amex in a while for personal right

Nowwwwwww you're getting it!!! I've been trying to "back" into AMEX consumer for 2 years now. This whole thing was to rebuild my credit, rebuild old bridges and create new options as best as I could all while keeping my score up.

Lots of planning with the help of many posters out there.

@distantarray wrote:

Message 17 of 28
distantarray
Established Contributor

@CreditEd wrote:

Nowwwwwww you're getting it!!! I've been trying to "back" into AMEX consumer for 2 years now. This whole thing was to rebuild my credit, rebuild old bridges and create new options as best as I could all while keeping my score up.

Lots of planning with the help of many posters out there.

lol didn't  pay attention to that part, but they do hate bankruptcies but they can't deny you've known responsible credit history with your business accounts.

Message 18 of 28
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Nice spree!!!  Congrats on the new plastic. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 19 of 28
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

lol didn't  pay attention to that part, but they do hate bankruptcies but they can't deny you've known responsible credit history with your business accounts.

Fortunate NOT to have had to go thru a BK. Had LOTS of debt back then and had a job loss. The whole thing came down all at once. ll cards went to 180 day COs. ctually paid off all my cards but by then they had all went to crap. Fortunate enough to have negotiated paid statuses once I settled so I have a Chase card still reporting from 2000 but reporint "Paid As Agreed..."

So paying off the bad debt is actually working out in the long run. AMEX has a long but limited memory. Chase, I'm done there, but that's because they've bought several old accounts form other banks during their bailout consolidations. The account report non offensively on my CRAs but to their internal systems, I'm toast. I'd thought that b/c they were paid off and that my score was so high right now, that perhaps I could get eventually work up to a Palladium one day. That'll never happen... 

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.