cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The UNTHINKABLE just happened with BBVA!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The UNTHINKABLE just happened with BBVA!!

Congratulations on your BBVA App Spree approval! 🥳🥳🥳

Message 21 of 26
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

haha I know right! A year ago I opened a checking when they were doing the bonus for deposits, never used it after I got the bonus,took about 6 months for the option to prequalify for their cards in the app, approved for both, then approved for 2 more so seems 6 months is a threshold for them, don't seem to be new accounts or inquiry sensitive obviously cuz I have a boatload of new credit lol hope that helps CarolynArt 

You must be lucky because before I went on my app spree this Jan I was approved for a card (already have two cards with them) but then after my app spree a month later I wasn't approved.

@Anonymous 

That's normal, they do me the same way. After your reports cool down. Normally the doors open again.

Their system seems to pick up on recently obtained new accounts or hard pulls and doesn't give pre-approvals.

I've found after 180 days of obtaining one or two of their CC's. They open the door to be pre-approved again for another CC.

Message 22 of 26
Titans84
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approvals!

Current FICO 8:

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

haha I know right! A year ago I opened a checking when they were doing the bonus for deposits, never used it after I got the bonus,took about 6 months for the option to prequalify for their cards in the app, approved for both, then approved for 2 more so seems 6 months is a threshold for them, don't seem to be new accounts or inquiry sensitive obviously cuz I have a boatload of new credit lol hope that helps CarolynArt 

You must be lucky because before I went on my app spree this Jan I was approved for a card (already have two cards with them) but then after my app spree a month later I wasn't approved.

@Anonymous 

That's normal, they do me the same way. After your reports cool down. Normally the doors open again.

Their system seems to pick up on recently obtained new accounts or hard pulls and doesn't give pre-approvals.

I've found after 180 days of obtaining one or two of their CC's. They open the door to be pre-approved again for another CC.

Gotcha!   I'll try them in a few months see if they open the doors again for me

Message 24 of 26
Demented1
Established Contributor

Congrats @Anonymous on your BBVA approvals...interesting tactics, enjoy the cards!

Message 25 of 26
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Wowser! Someone's in love with your profile! Congratulations 🎉😃

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.