Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The floor is very slippery! TD Cash, Cap1 QS, BBT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The floor is very slippery! TD Cash, Cap1 QS, BBT

Going on a trip and gonna be on a spending spree, so looked for some SUB CC's. I was supposed to be gardening since I'm prob King Inquiry by now with all my apps, not fearing rejections, as I can wait 2 years for them to drop off. Closed my Citi as the annual fee anniversary was coming up and I was looking for a perk to keep it open, not some lame 7500 mi/$1k and $99 credit after $99 spend. So anyway...

Screenshot_2019-11-06 BB T Credit Card Application Online Application Summary.pngScreenshot_2019-11-04 Apply for a Capital One Card.pngScreenshot_2019-11-04 Application Complete – TD Bank Online Credit Card Application.png

(PS. Closed the QS the day after it was approved since I apparently clicked on pre-qual and some other offer came up so no SUB or promo apr, also the SL is lame considering you can't merge with other Cap1 cards)

(PPS. My open credit is crazy, over 3X income. Once my apr promo's expire on 3 CC, I'll close them since I was only churning them anyway and the rewards aren't worthy of DD status)

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: The floor is very slippery! TD Cash, Cap1 QS, BBT

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 2 of 11
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!! That credit for TSA pre-check is nice!

Message 3 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on yer approvals!

Message 4 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Going on a trip and gonna be on a spending spree, so looked for some SUB CC's. I was supposed to be gardening since I'm prob King Inquiry by now with all my apps, not fearing rejections, as I can wait 2 years for them to drop off. Closed my Citi as the annual fee anniversary was coming up and I was looking for a perk to keep it open, not some lame 7500 mi/$1k and $99 credit after $99 spend. So anyway...

Screenshot_2019-11-06 BB T Credit Card Application Online Application Summary.pngScreenshot_2019-11-04 Apply for a Capital One Card.pngScreenshot_2019-11-04 Application Complete – TD Bank Online Credit Card Application.png

(PS. Closed the QS the day after it was approved since I apparently clicked on pre-qual and some other offer came up so no SUB or promo apr, also the SL is lame considering you can't merge with other Cap1 cards)

(PPS. My open credit is crazy, over 3X income. Once my apr promo's expire on 3 CC, I'll close them since I was only churning them anyway and the rewards aren't worthy of DD status)

Congrats on your approvals. But why close a card and not keep it at least a year after all the hits you took to get it? Oh well.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChurnNburn yeah it looks like you were the victum of Cap1 sliding scale on the preapprovals page. I want to say "new sliding scale" but I cannot really pinpoint when it went into affect. SUB, intro APR % and intro time period seems to be the varible terms from the prequalification page. If you prequalify you can back out and get better terms. There were a 1-2 threads about iirc.

Message 6 of 11
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your approvals!!

I am curious, I know the TD Cash card has a 3% on dining.  That's nice given that the Uber is dropping.  Do you have to have a TD account with them to get approved?  

Also, I know that they are the backer of the Nordstrom card.  Anyone know if that helps or hinders someone if they have that card?

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Congrats on your approvals. But why close a card and not keep it at least a year after all the hits you took to get it? Oh well.

Because it's worse to close it a year after it's open. I'd rather close it immediately and wait out for it to offset. Also, I already have 2 other Cap1 cards that collect dust, can't close them because they are my older cards. Also, the rep I spoke to was an **bleep**, so that made it easy to close it.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@ChurnNburn yeah it looks like you were the victum of Cap1 sliding scale on the preapprovals page. I want to say "new sliding scale" but I cannot really pinpoint when it went into affect. SUB, intro APR % and intro time period seems to be the varible terms from the prequalification page. If you prequalify you can back out and get better terms. There were a 1-2 threads about iirc.

Yup. One of the reps I spoke to suspected that the pre-qual popped up, and those are the terms I get since I'm already pre-qual. I'd would have been better off cold app'ing and then I'd get an accept or decline. Since the stupid pre-qual came up in the middle of the app, I got duped. Oh well.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dsotm76 wrote:

Congrats on your approvals!!

I am curious, I know the TD Cash card has a 3% on dining.  That's nice given that the Uber is dropping.  Do you have to have a TD account with them to get approved?  

Also, I know that they are the backer of the Nordstrom card.  Anyone know if that helps or hinders someone if they have that card?

3% dining isn't great when there are plenty of other cards out that with the same offer, the Savor offers 4% beating out the likes of Marvel too. But yes, I have an active account with them. Prob why they instant approved me. 3rd time.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.