Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The march toward $1,000,000

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: The march toward $1,000,000

good response frogman 

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 71 of 108
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm picturing an underwriter at a little credit union looking at the OP's credit report and watching his head explode! 

I'm struggling to keep my $36k in TCL straight, maximizing cash back and other rewards and even figuring out a neat tidy way to store the cards themselves, I can't even fathom dealing with all of this.

Kudos to the OP for being focused and getting where he is!

Thanks

___________ 12Njoy
Message 72 of 108
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The movie "up in the air" main characters goal was to get I think a million travel miles and enjoy the perks. There is nothing wrong with doing this simply for the sport of it and accomplishing it. As others have said, trust from the creditors and proving that one can handle it is in itself huge.

Thanks, but you're comparing apples and oranges. The character in the movie fully intended to use all those airmiles and perks he accumulated. Here, the OP has stated several times that he has no intention of using the $1M in credit he's accumulated... For him, collecting dozens of credit cards is just a hobby, like collecting cars or stamps that are never driven or mailed.

Still, I understand that everyone here wants to support each other, whatever our individual goals may be. I get that those goals don't necessarily have to make sense for us to support them. Onward and upward, whatever our goals may be! :-)

Message 73 of 108
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Something else struck me while looking over details.

It's all done so far without a single Comenity card account? Smiley Very Happy

They actually make up a reasonable portion of the overall on this end. (quietly slips away) Smiley Indifferent

Message 74 of 108
12njoy
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Something else struck me while looking over details.

It's all done so far without a single Comenity card account? Smiley Very Happy

They actually make up a reasonable portion of the overall on this end. (quietly slips away) Smiley Indifferent

I couldn't get a Comenity card to save my life.   They have a long memory of my 1993 BK that didn't include them.   Maybe it was a creditor that they took over.   I have no idea what it is but I stopped trying after 3 failed attempts.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 75 of 108
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ridgebackpilot wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The movie "up in the air" main characters goal was to get I think a million travel miles and enjoy the perks. There is nothing wrong with doing this simply for the sport of it and accomplishing it. As others have said, trust from the creditors and proving that one can handle it is in itself huge.

Thanks, but you're comparing apples and oranges. The character in the movie fully intended to use all those airmiles and perks he accumulated. Here, the OP has stated several times that he has no intention of using the $1M in credit he's accumulated... For him, collecting dozens of credit cards is just a hobby, like collecting cars or stamps that are never driven or mailed.

Still, I understand that everyone here wants to support each other, whatever our individual goals may be. I get that those goals don't necessarily have to make sense for us to support them. Onward and upward, whatever our goals may be! :-)

Based on the credit cards you have, I highly doubt tha you do not know or do not understand what OP and others here are trying to tell you.  You obviously know how to get good cards and when to apply for them (5/24).

Anyways, you basically have:

1. CSP $450 AF

2. Chase Hyatt $95 AF

3. Chase Miles Plus Explorer $95 AF

4. Chase Miles Plus Club $450 AF

5. Hilton Honors Surpass $75 AF

6. Barclay Arrival + $89 AF

9. Citi AAdvantage $95 AF

10. Chase Southwest Premier $ 99 AF

11. Barclay JetBlue Plus $95 AF

12. Chase Marriot $85 AF

My questions to you:

1. Do you like to collect Chase cards?

2. Do you like to collect travel cards?

3. Did you meet the spending on all of these?

4. Have you used the bonues on all IF you got them?

5. Do you not mind paying $1,628 in annual fees each year?

6. 98% of your portfolio are travel cards, how much travel do you do per year?

7. Any accomplishments you would like to tell us regarding your credit profile?

Not judging, just curious.

Message 76 of 108
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, thats alot of Chase in a basketSmiley Wink
Message 77 of 108
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@ridgebackpilot wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Based on the credit cards you have, I highly doubt tha you do not know or do not understand what OP and others here are trying to tell you.  You obviously know how to get good cards and when to apply for them (5/24).

1. CSP $450 AF

2. Chase Hyatt $95 AF

12. Chase Marriot $85 AF

My questions to you:

Well done....

Message 78 of 108
12njoy
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Wow, thats alot of Chase in a basketSmiley Wink

Me personally wouldn't have half my available credit with any one lender.   I love diversity which helps to insulate me from AA from the likes of chase and Barclays.  Maybe he knows something we don't,  but irregardless his choice. 

___________ 12Njoy
Message 79 of 108
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ridgebackpilot wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

1. CSP $450 AF

2. Chase Hyatt $95 AF

12. Chase Marriot $85 AF

My questions to you:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I'm really trying to stop laughing. I really am.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 80 of 108
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.