cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The moment I've worked so hard for - Amex and Disco!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The moment I've worked so hard for - Amex and Disco!

I've been studying credit and working hard for a year now to implement this plan of mine, and it paid off!  I have raised my score to a 700 from a 630.   I went for the Discover It and Amex BCE same day;  Amex gave me $2k and Disc gave me 4k!  I barely got in with the Citi Best Buy less than 2 years ago with a $500 CL (who I also asked and recieved a CLI with), so I think I'm making some progress!  I'm excited to have a little bit more revolving credit, and even more excited to play the cash back game Smiley Wink  I am a little nervous Disc is going to find out I applied to another card and drop me, but we will see what happens. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The moment I've worked so hard for - Amex and Disco!

Congratulations on those approvals!
Message 2 of 11
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't stress about it. AmEx takes a while to post to your report.

Congrats!!!!

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 3 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been studying credit and working hard for a year now to implement this plan of mine, and it paid off!  I have raised my score to a 700 from a 630.   I went for the Discover It and Amex BCE same day;  Amex gave me $2k and Disc gave me 4k!  I barely got in with the Citi Best Buy less than 2 years ago with a $500 CL (who I also asked and recieved a CLI with), so I think I'm making some progress!  I'm excited to have a little bit more revolving credit, and even more excited to play the cash back game Smiley Wink  I am a little nervous Disc is going to find out I applied to another card and drop me, but we will see what happens. 

Congratulations on the approvals and nice starting limits. I don't think you have anything to be worried about with Discover, or even AMEX for the new accounts. They are not too strict when it comes to that like other lenders. Just put some history on both and it will grow nicely in the months to come. 

Message 5 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

CongratsSmiley Happy Discover isnt Barclays or Chase, just wackydoo but in a good waySmiley Wink

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all! I'm very happy to hear that I need not worry 😁
Message 7 of 11
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you all! I'm very happy to hear that I need not worry 😁

Congrats on the approvals and Nice Work! As others mentioned, you can brush your shoulders off Smiley Happy   

Discover and Amex aren't dirty like that. And I'm sure you've already told yourself, just keep a mental post-it to play the cash game cautiously. Banking rewards on what you're already buying is a win, buying things to hit reward milestones can go south very quickly. You've got this! 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals. It was a happy moment when I first got that approval from AMEX and then later from Disco. Almost like a reaffirmation that your work in repairing/building your credit is paying off.

As others have stated I woldn't lose any sleep over Disco getting cold feet. From what I have experienced they don't seem to play that game andniether does AMEX.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on both approvals

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.