cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The reigns have been loosened!!!! C1 CLI!!!

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: The reigns have been loosened!!!! C1 CLI!!!

@p- wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

$25 for a pretty Amex isn't bad haha... at least, aesthetically... haha. I love math, but I hate it because the numbers don't lie!!!! ... I almost wish I had gotten the BCP instead of the BCE because I def buy enough groceries, even if just for myself, to gain benefit from that :-) I can't even imagine turning my OB into a more prime account... hmmm... I should work on getting that one higher next... it's incredible to think that getting one of my oldest tradelines to become usable again is POSSIBLE! haha

:-)

I know, right?  How cool would it be to have your old low limit subprime card start reporting as a high limit prime card?  

The way I figure is if I close it, for the next ten years anyone who looks at my report can see that I once had bad enough credit to need that card.  If I PC it, that account will look as if I had prime credit going back past 2008.

The truth is, in 2008 I was lucky to qualify for my 300 dollar OB card, with an AF almost 25% of the limit.

That's kind of where I'm at with my Cap1 upgrade to Venture. The account just upated on my reports and is now showing as a "Flexible Spending Credit Card" -- which for a Visa translates to a Signature card. The CRAs show the opening date -- correctly -- as 12/1999. It makes it look like I have an old, seasoned prime card as part of my history.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 21 of 29
p-
Valued Contributor

tinuviel wrote: That's kind of where I'm at with my Cap1 upgrade to Venture. The account just upated on my reports and is now showing as a "Flexible Spending Credit Card" -- which for a Visa translates to a Signature card. The CRAs show the opening date -- correctly -- as 12/1999. It makes it look like I have an old, seasoned prime card as part of my history.

Nice - 

Message 22 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I dont want to contact the EO yet, since my account is only 7 months old, but i asked for a visa siggy or world mc upgrade and got shot down via the chat now feature. They offered me a second PC to VentureOne though, but i didn't take it.
Message 23 of 29
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Is there a min CL req for a Visa Siggy upgrade? I, unfortunately, still have no Visa Siggy, but I am very well aware of the perks. I'm hoping to turn my Freedom into one very soon :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 24 of 29
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Is Capital One Prime or Subprime?? It seems like there is not a gray area with C1. It's either subprime or prime in many scenarios....it seems..... My C1 is my OLDEST tradeline, from April 2006!!!!:-0
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 25 of 29
jennylocha
Regular Contributor

Thanks!! I sort of feel like if I'd have asked for $10,000, id get $7500 lol reminds me of GECRB where they like to counter, so aim for the stars! Haha although GE usually doesn't argue or hassle me about a cli! Grrr

it seems like emailing the Exec Office is the way to go!!! It's crazy how protocol works at the corporate level... Oh no... A call won't suffice.. We need to send an email! Hahha ehh

good luck everyone! 

Can you please PM me the email you used? PLEASE

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Message 26 of 29
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Is Capital One Prime or Subprime?? It seems like there is not a gray area with C1. It's either subprime or prime in many scenarios....it seems..... My C1 is my OLDEST tradeline, from April 2006!!!!:-0

I think that the simplest way of looking at it is that Capital One issues different tiers of cards; some of their products are aimed at subprime customers, and some at prime customers. This is as opposed to some banks, such as First Premer, that target subprime customers only. So, it's not a matter of whether or not Capital One as a business entity is prime or subprime, but rather it's the credit profile of the borrower and what cards are available to that individual.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 27 of 29
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Oh how I would never get a FPB card!! Yeah...that makes sense. That is what I have observed as well
Message 28 of 29
p-
Valued Contributor

Is there a min CL req for a Visa Siggy upgrade? I, unfortunately, still have no Visa Siggy, but I am very well aware of the perks. I'm hoping to turn my Freedom into one very soon :-)

I've read/heard that it's 5k...  but mine did not upgrade.  I asked my exec rep about it and she said that they were not able to do that.  She told me that cards above a certain limit undergo an automatic periodic review.  She did not tell me the limit, or how soon, but confirmed that mine would upgrade at the next review.  

If you have any luck with Chase, let me know.  I'd love to make my Freedom a siggy.

As far as prime vs subprime, I agree with the Mod.  A Cash, or World MC, or Visa Sig from Cap1 is just as prime as one from another issuer.  And the secured card, or rebuilder card would definitely fall under subprime in my book.  Although the rebuilder card reports as a platinum, so I doubt it reflects negatively in a manual review.

For those asking for the Cap1 exec email, just click the green card in my signature.  It will take you to the step by step.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.