cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The slow tedious stalking of my first $100,000 CC limit comes closer with another $10K CLI on BOA...

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: The slow tedious stalking of my first $100,000 CC limit comes closer with another $10K CLI on BO

@joltdude wrote:

Op,

As its seemingly been mentioned before, you might not get to your goal because BOA is known for topping out under 100K... just ask @KinBoston  ... You can come close but not get to 100K...

Congratulations 

-J

There are a few people who do have $100K or more CL on a single BoA card. 

There are a few of us here who have more than $100k in aggregate total across more than 1. 

IIRC there is, or was, someone here that was a bit over $150K.  Off the top of my head I don't recall if it was on a single card or an aggregate total across more than 1. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 31 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The slow tedious stalking of my first $100,000 CC limit comes closer with another $10K CLI on BO

Almost there! 

Still congrats 

Only dreams of seeing a limit that high here. 

Message 32 of 59
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Holy moly, that's more than all my cards combined... 😱 Congratulations!!!   Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 33 of 59
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

@swpopham wrote:

We are leap frogging each other! Im going for the same goal, Im at 60k right now, waiting for the CLI button to pop up one of these weeks. I just bought a can-am on 0% for 12 months on that card 28k and free financing was a great deal plus the cash back of the purchase. 

Congrats for you as well!!! That's what I want to be able to do one day as well. Just make that huge purchase with a rewards cc and reap the benefits...  😎

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 34 of 59
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Congrats CreditLuv! You're almost there! 

I've been working my way up the BoA CL ladder as well! I wish everyone used the same underwriting! Smiley Tongue

Message 35 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldfusion wrote:

There are a few of us here who have more than $100k in aggregate total across more than 1. 

IIRC there is, or was, someone here that was a bit over $150K.  Off the top of my head I don't recall if it was on a single card or an aggregate total across more than 1. 

My question is what income level are these individuals reporting?  If we're talking average to slightly above average US income, these limits are indeed impressive.  If we're talking people that have $200k+ income, no so much.  I'd like to know from those with high BoA limits what their limit is expressed as a percentage of their income to try and gauge where BoA stands in terms of capping exposure.

Message 36 of 59
swpopham
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

My question is what income level are these individuals reporting?  If we're talking average to slightly above average US income, these limits are indeed impressive.  If we're talking people that have $200k+ income, no so much.  I'd like to know from those with high BoA limits what their limit is expressed as a percentage of their income to try and gauge where BoA stands in terms of capping exposure.

275-475k depends on the year for me. As posted earlier im at 60k with them and waiting for the button to appear again then im  gonna ask for 99k, and see where the dice land

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 37 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

There was a post here somewhere... Can't find it no more but OP in that post was carrying 70k statement balance and implied PIF IIRC. think OP was able to get CLI to 130K sumtin but dang you be needing POI guaranteed. Unless you be banking w/ them already.
Message 38 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
There was a post here somewhere... Can't find it no more but OP in that post was carrying 70k statement balance and implied PIF IIRC. think OP was able to get CLI to 130K sumtin but dang you be needing POI guaranteed. Unless you be banking w/ them already.

Check this thread:  Credit limit above 100k is it possible?

Trikoret stated that he/she had a Bank of America Premium Rewards card with a $120,000 credit limit, then later said that they had received an increase to $150,000.

Edit:

And just like that my BOA Cash Rewards limit is now $85,000.

Message 39 of 59
swpopham
Established Contributor

Just hit the button for 95k and got the 7-10 day message 

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 40 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.