cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The slow tedious stalking of my first $100,000 CC limit comes closer with another $10K CLI on BOA...

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: The slow tedious stalking of my first $100,000 CC limit comes closer with another $10K CLI on BO

@swpopham wrote:

Just hit the button for 95k and got the 7-10 day message 

That just means it was referred to a senior analyst for review.  There may be a decision made before noontime tomorrow.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 41 of 59
swpopham
Established Contributor

Re: The slow tedious stalking of my first $100,000 CC limit comes closer with another $10K CLI on BO

@coldfusion wrote:

@swpopham wrote:

That just means it was referred to a senior analyst for review.  There may be a decision made before noontime tomorrow.

I hate sitting here waiting! still nothing yet 1500CST 

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 42 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

@swpopham wrote:

In message #37 dated 7/27/2019 you stated "275-475k depends on the year for me. As posted earlier im at 60k with them and waiting for the button to appear again then im  gonna ask for 99k, and see where the dice land"

Then just 3 days later you made a request for a CLI to $95K.  If that chronology is correct it will be a denial because 90 days have not elapsed since the last CLI.  The CLI link/"luv button" always appears early - sometimes 2-3 weeks before you're actually eligible for an increase.  It is likely that you asked early because the luv button wasn't there on the 27th and when it shows up it doesn't mean you can apply right away.

Message 43 of 59
swpopham
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@swpopham wrote:

In message #37 dated 7/27/2019 you stated "275-475k depends on the year for me. As posted earlier im at 60k with them and waiting for the button to appear again then im  gonna ask for 99k, and see where the dice land"

Then just 3 days later you made a request for a CLI to $95K.  If that chronology is correct it will be a denial because 90 days have not elapsed since the last CLI.  The CLI link/"luv button" always appears early - sometimes 2-3 weeks before you're actually eligible for an increase.  It is likely that you asked early because the luv button wasn't there on the 27th and when it shows up it doesn't mean you can apply right away.

I did not know that! I was sitting checking every day stalking that button to appear! I guess we will wait and see. If its denied dose it reset the 90 day clock or will it be ready in an additional 2-3 weeks? I have no idea what day it got raised last time so its a roll of the dice!

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 44 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

@swpopham wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@swpopham wrote:

I did not know that! I was sitting checking every day stalking that button to appear! I guess we will wait and see. If its denied dose it reset the 90 day clock or will it be ready in an additional 2-3 weeks? I have no idea what day it got raised last time so its a roll of the dice!

The clock does not reset when you apply too early; you will just be denied and the adverse action letter will state either "Too many inquiries on this account" or "There has been a recent change on this account."

The simplest way to find out when you got your last CLI is to check your emails.  Whenever I've gotten a CLI they followed up the next day with an email survey titled "Bank of America requests your feedback" that includes the date of the CLI.  If you don't save your emails I guess you could just call and ask them the date of your last CLI, or  wait 21 days from the date the luv button showed up, then apply.

Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 7.22.34 AM(a).png

Message 45 of 59
swpopham
Established Contributor

So I dont have the email but Its not on the 3/27 to 4/26 statement but its on the 4/27-5/26 statement so 90 days is 7/26 or 8/24 witch would fall in line with your statement about being 2-3 weeks early.  So I guess we can assume the button becomes avaiable in the statement period which you are eligble for an increase?

Message 46 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

@swpopham wrote:

So I dont have the email but Its not on the 3/27 to 4/26 statement but its on the 4/27-5/26 statement so 90 days is 7/26 or 8/24 witch would fall in line with your statement about being 2-3 weeks early.  So I guess we can assume the button becomes avaiable in the statement period which you are eligble for an increase?

Perhaps at this stage the easiest option would be to call and find out the exact date of the last increase.  Or you can be safe and wait until 8/24.

I keep details of all my accounts so I've observed in the past that the button becomes available 2-3 weeks before you're actually eligible.  But the last time was different; although I knew from my spreadsheet/notes that 7/29 was my eligibility date, the button did not show up 7/8 to 7/15 as I expected.  It actually did not show up until 7/23 and my last statement closed on 7/20.  All to say that its possible that BOA has changed how/when they make the request link available and it might now show up as early as it did previously.

Message 47 of 59
swpopham
Established Contributor

Got on-line today and chatted with a rep, she said 7-29-19 would have been 90 days, so I was 1 day early when I requested the limit. Went for 95k and was countered at 70k, so set an alarm in my phone for 11-1-19 to try again! Congrats everyone in this thread

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 11.54.11 AM.png

Message 48 of 59
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

I'm not sure what your situation is, but the easiest way to get to $100k+ with BoA is to call and speak with an analyst.  If you've got the income, net worth, and credit to support it, they'll be happy to give you just about any limit you want.  I've found them extremely easy and friendly to work with as opposed to Chase/JP Morgan analysts, who make Palpatine look like a cute puppy by comparison.  

Message 49 of 59
swpopham
Established Contributor

I tried the next 91 day increase and am getting the 7-10 message for the last 2 weeks. Tightening down again????

Message 50 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.