cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They LOVE Me Again... AMEX HH Approved!!

tag
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

They LOVE Me Again... AMEX HH Approved!!

Since getting my first AMEX (Gold Card) in June 2021, I've been itching for a second AMEX card. For unfortunate reasons, AMEX didn't wanna show me any love.

Until yesterday...

For a while I've been applying for the HH Surpass card (the one w/ $95 AF) and couldn't get anywhere. Tried the BCE... failed... tried the CS Basic card (not the Platinum)... failed.

I almost rendered AMEX a lost cause... but having not applied in some time, I decided to try one more yesterday and applied for the AMEX Hilton Honors card and got it.

Of course, it's a small $1000 limit... but the fact I finally have an actual AMEX issued unsecured card is awesome. Really would've liked to have gotten the Surpass card, but a win is a win. Will treat this card well (like I have the Gold card) and will see where we are in a few months for a CLI.

Speaking of which- any CLI tips for AMEX unsecured?

My Wallet (Updated Sept 2023):
Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

15 REPLIES 15
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: They LOVE Me Again... AMEX HH Approved!!

@YoungMoney06 wrote:

Since getting my first AMEX (Gold Card) in June 2021, I've been itching for a second AMEX card. For unfortunate reasons, AMEX didn't wanna show me any love.

Until yesterday...

For a while I've been applying for the HH Surpass card (the one w/ $95 AF) and couldn't get anywhere. Tried the BCE... failed... tried the CS Basic card (not the Platinum)... failed.

I almost rendered AMEX a lost cause... but having not applied in some time, I decided to try one more yesterday and applied for the AMEX Hilton Honors card and got it.

Of course, it's a small $1000 limit... but the fact I finally have an actual AMEX issued unsecured card is awesome. Really would've liked to have gotten the Surpass card, but a win is a win. Will treat this card well (like I have the Gold card) and will see where we are in a few months for a CLI.

Congratulations. The Amex Hilton cards are good.

It will grow, Amex is good that way. Wait more than 2 months and then apply for a CLI to 4k. If you get that, then wait 6 months & apply for a CLI to 16k.

Also, you will probably receive attractive offers to upgrade to the Surpass card.

I agree that of the 3 Amex Hilton cards, the Surpass is the best.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 16
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your AMEX HH Approval 🤑👍

Message 3 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your new card with the Amex HH Approval!!

Message 4 of 16
DesertWanderer
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the Amex love!

Message 5 of 16
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex approval!!

Message 6 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your HH approval Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 16
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 8 of 16
NRB525
Super Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@YoungMoney06 wrote:

Until yesterday...

Congratulations. The Amex Hilton cards are good.

It will grow, Amex is good that way. Wait more than 2 months and then apply for a CLI to 4k. If you get that, then wait 6 months & apply for a CLI to 16k.

Also, you will probably receive attractive offers to upgrade to the Surpass card.

I agree that of the 3 Amex Hilton cards, the Surpass is the best.

Agreed, congrats to the OP getting the Hilton card !

The AMEX 3x CLI steps would be $1k --> 3x possibly $3k then --> 3x possibly to $9k

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 9 of 16
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.