cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They like me!..They really really like me!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

They like me!..They really really like me!!

Not only did Fortera CU show me some serious love in the last couple of days with my new car loan (36k @ 2.99%), They just gave a Visa Platinum with 10k CL (whoop whoop) at 4.9% APR and 0% BT for up to 1 yr...I've been a member there for only 6 mos and kept less then $50 in member account

I really have to give you all here a HUGE SHOUT OUTS AND AIR HUGS because after stalking a month & joining this month I have been able to pull my head out of the mis-information clouds and realize the high UTI was killing my scores and started "operation pay-down"...

April 1 - May 27

Payed down across the board UTI from 90+% to 43%  .. I have no clue what my scores were

17 May Refied at 3.87%

20 May Nordstrom Love 1k CLI

25 May New Car at 2.99%

25 May AMEX love 2k CLI

27 May FCU Love 10k CL

Bonus *** No mortgage payment or car payment for June!! (more whoop whoop) and like a good FICOer I am (now) I will take that money and apply to pay down more CCs

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: They like me!..They really really like me!!

Congrats on your approvals, and for working on improving your scores!!
Message 2 of 16
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approval and all your hard work , I would most definitely take advantage of that Balance transfer if you still have balances to pay off. Save some interest
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on your approvals, and for working on improving your scores!!

Thank You!!!  I was so depressed in late March when I ran my CRs and found myFICO and realized that I had tanked my scores with my high UTIs..but I put on my big girl combat boots and made a plan "Operation Pay Down"  and implemented it right away..

1.  I contacted each CC and asked them what $$ amount I needed to pay to bring it under 49% or 29% (I'm not good at math..lol)

2.  I sat down with son and explained if we want to reach our goals (trade-in truck & European Vacation in 3 yrs) we had to do the following:

a: take 90% out of savings (25k) and pay CCs (was earning less then 1.9% and was paying up to 25% on CCs)

b.  No more extras (gave me 1k over 8 weeks)...ie..eating out, movies ect and apply every penny to CCs

c.  Sell some stuff that was gathering dust..another 2k to pay towards CCs

d.  After our budget, I took 90% of what was left over and paid to CCs another 2k!!

3.  I also doubled (the ones that weren't already) the min payment on NFCUs bill pay on all CCs to help the pay down

So, in the last 2 months I have paid down 30k of debt

and I forgot to add

My Auto Insurance also went down ($75 month) because of better FICO (another whoop whoop)

It was hard and at times I really felt jealous because it seemed like everyone here was getting amazing CLI & CLs and even though I had never been late or had a CO or BK ...I wasn't even getting invited to play with the "cool kids", don't get me wrong...I have seriously great CCs and nice limits but I just wanted to feel like I wasn't a total mess-up and I take full responsiblity for all of my decesions and I would never judge anyone for what has happened to them...

Message 4 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to go NTOTLSmiley Wink Great job and youve done amazing for 1 months time. This place is awesome and i will always be grateful to my Fico fam who always have a golden nugget of info to nibble on or the dupport one gets is out of this worldSmiley Happy

Keep going strong, it gets better . Congrats on new car, and please say hi to Clark for me when you get on your European VacationSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Way to go NTOTLSmiley Wink Great job and youve done amazing for 1 months time. This place is awesome and i will always be grateful to my Fico fam who always have a golden nugget of info to nibble on or the dupport one gets is out of this worldSmiley Happy

Keep going strong, it gets better . Congrats on new car, and please say hi to Clark for me when you get on your European VacationSmiley Wink

Thank You!! 

ROFL ... Maybe they can give us advise on how to be a pig..lol

Message 6 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Haha,
Theres Big Ben kids!Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Haha,
Theres Big Ben kids!Smiley Wink

Seriously about to wet my pants laughing!!!!

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals. I hope to one day be like this. 

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Great job on paying down your debt and getting the approvals.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.