Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thin file APP spree! With data points.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thin file APP spree! With data points.

So after finding out my wife was going to be over 5/24 with chase once a recent approval of mine would subsequently make her an AU on an account(navy federal CLOC) and disqualify her for 5/24. We decided to go on somewhat of an app spree before going to the garden for at least 6 months. Other than SP CLI.

Data points
EX Fico 8 764. 4 INQ (3 in last 12 months) 8 months oldest account 7 months AAOA. 3 CC accounts 13/3300 UTIL. 2 installment loans reporting less than 9%.

Her EQ/TU are frozen while waiting out hippa process.

Chase Freedom no HP
We will notify you within 30 days message. Called and spoke with the verification department. CSR said that she must unfreeze her equifax as they cannot pull her experian instead. No big deal. We won't be doing that till the hippa process is finished. So probably denial. Unless they are able to pull EX somehow.

Discover IT HP EX
Instant approval 4k

Bank of America Cash Rewards HP EX
Applied for the Cash rewards card. Denied but offered 99/500 secured version instead with $39 annual fee. Accepted wanted to get her foot in the door.

Citi Double Cash HP EX
Instant denial. Called app status number and gave main reasons for denial limited credit history, to many inquiries. Called and spoke with CSR on app status number. Very nice, however informed us because it was an instant denial they are not allowed to reconsider. That we would get a letter in the mail stating the reasons for denial and we should take it up with EX. No idea if this is true or not but he did seem genuine. Not sure if there is anything else we can do here to influence some sort of approval.

So all in all 2/4 I guess? Technically 2/3 because Chase didn't even pull EX. So no application at all.

In January she has had amazing success.

Amex BCE instant approval 10k
Discover IT Instant approval 4k
Bank of America secured cash rewards 99/500

Running to the garden now.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thin file APP spree! With data points.

Congrats to you and your wife for some very special approvals! She snagged some really nice cards, with decent SL's! Not a thin file anymore! Enjoy! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. Definitely not everything that we'd hoped for with chase and Citi but oh well. We have time 😆😆
Message 3 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Very Nice, on the Disco approval. Citi can be fickle but im sure youll get it in time. Have fun in the garden, simply wonderous placeSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Very Nice, on the Disco approval. Citi can be fickle but im sure youll get it in time. Have fun in the garden, simply wonderous placeSmiley Happy

Thank you AverageJoe! Yes in the garden for at least 6 months :]

Message 5 of 6
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats on everything Smiley Happy

I love my BOA cards Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.