cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Think I got past the 5/24 rule by App-o-rama before Chase found out?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Think I got past the 5/24 rule by App-o-rama before Chase found out?

Yeah.. am I digging a hole for myself? Should I put down the bloody knife?

Message 11 of 29
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah.. am I digging a hole for myself? Should I put down the bloody knife?

lol yeah kinda 

Sky is not falling though. Wait for your cards to come in, use them as normal and forget about applying for a while 

Just dont call any more lenders. 

Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase doesn't know about your app spree until they soft pull your account a month from now and see all the new accounts. Hopefully, your new Chase account sticks. 

Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I think I'm done for awhile. Thanks for all your help!

I think I have been successfuly "scared straight." Ill report back in a couple of weeks to tell you what (hopefully nothing) happened. 

Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just to be clear, those 6 apps that were approved, but were not from chase. I have 3 cards with chase (for several years), maybe 4 now depending on the outcome. I called back to ask them if I have any red flags on my file or if something could go wrong and ruin the relationship with Chase and they said no they dont think so. I mentioned Id gladly withdraw the application if I was at risk for anything but they said you were approved and that they have never seen something like that happen with an approval. I know thats only 1 data point but I'm worried now. For whats its worth my oldest account is 14 yrs, AAoA is 4 yrs, no derogatory remarks, no late payments, utilization is under 4% 

What does an AA involve?

Some recent reading:

Spree results : Chase closed one of my CC

Most cards you've been approved for in one day? (see ttulaw's comment)

Chase approved card came its closed

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just to be clear, those 6 apps that were approved, but were not from chase. I have 3 cards with chase (for several years), maybe 4 now depending on the outcome. I called back to ask them if I have any red flags on my file or if something could go wrong and ruin the relationship with Chase and they said no they dont think so. I mentioned Id gladly withdraw the application if I was at risk for anything but they said you were approved and that they have never seen something like that happen with an approval. I know thats only 1 data point but I'm worried now. For whats its worth my oldest account is 14 yrs, AAoA is 4 yrs, no derogatory remarks, no late payments, utilization is under 4% 

What does an AA involve?

Hi and welcome to the forums

Congrats on your approvals 

Can you just clarify one thing...you actually called Chase to ask if there were "flags" on your account after the apps you've done? 

Smiley Very Happy

PSA:  Don't Call The Bank

Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this. Ugh, my stomachs in knots now. Had I known I wasnt invicible with my scores and history, I wouldnt have applied for so many. Lesson learned (hard) I guess.

Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

No use in stressing out.
What's done is done.
Let us know how it works outm
Message 18 of 29
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous  Dont sweat it now, not everyone gets AA. It's just one of those things where we can tell you which instances may trigger it, but no one can tell you for certain that it will happen. Or won't, for that matter. 

It's out of your hands now, hopefully everything will go well and it will be nothing but an opportunity to call this "lesson learned" 

Seriously, relax. There are a few  things in life worth getting an aneurysm over. Credit cards  are not one of them. 

Message 19 of 29
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Hopefully Chase won’t pull back any approval on you. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.