cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking I Might Wanna Lay Low for a While.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thinking I Might Wanna Lay Low for a While.

A couple weeks ago I was approved for a Home Depot card (3K) and a second Disco (2K). Today I managed to fanagle a slight increase on my Menard's card (now at 3.7K) only to turn around and get an approval for US Bank Cash+ (3K). I'm thinking it's time to lay low and let things recover.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Five6Two
Frequent Contributor

Re: Thinking I Might Wanna Lay Low for a While.

Great idea! And congrats on recent success, enjoy those new CC and sweet SL! 

Siggy under construction Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!

Message 3 of 14
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

You had some great successes there. Congratulations!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just can't seem to understand why Cap One, who issues the Menard's card, just doesn't seem to like me. The card started at 2,500 back in the Spring/Summer and this was the first time I've ever asked for any kind of increase. Asked for 6K they countered at 3.7.

I suppose I should be thankful as the GM Buy Power card I've had for almost 3 years hasn't budged a bit since I got it.

Message 5 of 14
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Doing the same.  Make sure you join the gardening club.  

Message 6 of 14
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on the 3 Approvals and the Menard's card CLI!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 7 of 14
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations

Yep, time to let those approvals age. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

A couple weeks ago I was approved for a Home Depot card (3K) and a second Disco (2K). Today I managed to fanagle a slight increase on my Menard's card (now at 3.7K) only to turn around and get an approval for US Bank Cash+ (3K). I'm thinking it's time to lay low and let things recover.

Congrats on your success!! You know....I can save you a seat right next to me in the Garden...lol....let me know....Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 14
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your success!! You know....I can save you a seat right next to me in the Garden...lol....let me know....Smiley Happy

And if you need some tools, I have some spare. 

Really! I was trying to be smartypants and there are no garden tool emojis on iPhone. 🤬

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.