cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This MUST be a mistake! $35,000 CL with shopping cart trick and mediocre credit?

tag
ggmorning
Valued Member

This MUST be a mistake! $35,000 CL with shopping cart trick and mediocre credit?

Hello all,

I was doing my cyber monday shopping on the Express website (50% off everything) when the pre-approval came up for their credit card. I figured why not try, since it isn't a hard pull anyway. Well..... the message instantly popped up and said I was approved for $35,000! This has to be a mistake, right?

I have a bankruptcy discharged a year and a half ago and although I have built my credit up decently for someone who has recently gone through BK, my credit is still only fair at best. Something tells me they made a huge mistake. Has anyone heard of something like this before? And will they notice and fix it right away?

Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 4.21.10 PM.png

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: This MUST be a mistake! $35,000 CL with shopping cart trick and mediocre credit?

Correct OP. It is a misprint due to an internal glitch.

Your actual SL is $350.00, not $35,000.

There were several threads posted on this same topic a while ago for Express Next CCs.

Sorry to deflate your balloon of excitement 😁 Nevertheless, congratulations on the approval.
Message 2 of 9
ggmorning
Valued Member

Re: This MUST be a mistake! $35,000 CL with shopping cart trick and mediocre credit?

Hahaha oh my goodness! I knew it was definitely too good to be true. Well atleast now I know, and thank you! The credit rebuild process is a long one but all we can do is keep on keeping on!

Message 3 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Also to add, the SCT "soft pull" approvals are a thing of the past so just be aware that a HP *may* pop up in either EQ or EX at some point 🎁🎄
Message 4 of 9
Medic981
Valued Contributor

None the less, Congrats!

I think I would have pooped my pants if I had seen that approval message.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 5 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Op, sure would've been nice though, right?! Dang internal glitches.....I would've thought Xmas came early lol!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the approval nonetheless.
Message 7 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Could have been worse, might have been 50kSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 9
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Congrats! I would Go fill up the cart with $35K worth of pants just to see how Comenity reacts! Lol
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.