Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This board and Care Credit CLI

tag
RTOrockstar
Frequent Contributor

This board and Care Credit CLI

I got approved for a Care Credit card back in October 2019 when I had an emergency vet bill. My limit was $750 which was just enough to cover my emergency. I like that anything over $200 is 6 months no financing charges. That's helpful.

Anyway, starting at the 6 month mark, I tried to get a CLI. It asked for an amount and I put in $1500, double my current amount. Denied. I never missed any payments, had good usage, and always paid my balance in full. So a few months later I tried again this time $1250 and another denial. Over a few months, I tried for $1250 and always got shot down. Then earlier this year, I went for $1000 and got denied. I was frustrated because I've had this card for over a year and a half, gotten approved for a $3000 Cap One Walmart card, and my credit scores were looking better.

So a few weeks ago, I'm reading this board and people are asking for huge increases and getting approved so I open the CC app and ask for a $5000 increase and I get a message that they will increase my account to $2300, triple my starting limit! I'm so excited!

Thanks, fellow board members for being brave and convincing me to aim big with my CLI requests. Aim for the stars! 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: This board and Care Credit CLI

Congratulations on your Care Credit CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 2 of 12
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Care Credit CLI.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 3 of 12
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Care Credit CLI

Message 4 of 12
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!!!

Message 5 of 12
KatSoDak
Frequent Contributor

It really is a wonderful feeling when your CLI request is granted. Congratulations on both the CLI and not giving up when you were told no over and over. 

My CLI grew with each request last fall. It's at 20k now which is kind of scary to me. But I'm using it for dental work and am really happy that a $2,000 charge only results in 10% utilization.

Also I have multiple dogs and cats plus a parrot which knock wood will never need major treatments all at once but if stuff happens I'm set.

My dentist offers 12 month payment using  Care Credit but nothing longer regardless of amount charged. I so wish he'd extend it to 18 months.

FICO 8:

EQ FICO 9 - 770
EX FICO 9 - 758

Citi (2) | Discover | HSBC | BOA | NFCU (2) | WF (2) | Simmons Bank | FNBO (2) | PENFED | BBVA | US Bank | Lowes | Care Credit | Home Depot AU
Message 6 of 12
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Congratulations, go figure lol!

Message 7 of 12
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Care Credit CLI 👍🏼

Message 8 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nice, grats on your care credit increase!!

Message 9 of 12
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the increase!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.