Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three CLIs: Propel, Prime, & Surpass

tag
okurosetta
Regular Contributor

Three CLIs: Propel, Prime, & Surpass

I got three CLIs in the past three weeks. FICO 8 scores were all in 740s.

First was Wells Fargo Propel, from $1.9k -> $2.4k. SL was $1.5k, took a year before they approved any CLI, then this was my second a little over six months later. Outside of two AmEx's I barely use (and thus transferred all but $1k from), this remains my lowest card limit. But, it is something! Requested $5k ($3.1k CLI) over the phone, countered with $2.4k ($500 CLI). Soft pull (which CSR confirmed before submitting), may have used the 770 EX FICO 9 I last saw through them.

Second was Chase Amazon Prime, as with many others, discussed more here. $1.7k -> $8.5k aka 5X CLI, automatic.

Third was AmEx Hilton Surpass, requested $4k to go from $17k -> $21k. I immediately transferred $1k to my BBP, making the Surpass $20k and BBP $10k - what can I say, I like round numbers (and yes, this was planned). Both CLI and CL transfer were requested online, soft pull. I know I could have requested more, but that's right where I want to be, at least for now.

Continuing to garden until I apply for Cash+, but happy to pick up some soft pull CLIs along the way...

Future P2
Chopping Block Chopped
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Three CLIs: Propel, Prime, & Surpass

Congrats on the Chase, AMEX, and WF luv !  Smiley Very Happy

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Some good moves up here, grats on your trifecta of CLIs Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on all your CLI's

Message 4 of 13
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!

Message 5 of 13
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

3 in three weeks is some nice action! 

Congratulations!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 6 of 13
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your CLIs!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 13
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your CLIs @okurosetta 

This is how you win at the game, little by little, inch by inch, patiently. You're on the right path!

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@okurosetta wrote:

I got three CLIs in the past three weeks. FICO 8 scores were all in 740s.

First was Wells Fargo Propel, from $1.9k -> $2.4k. SL was $1.5k, took a year before they approved any CLI, then this was my second a little over six months later. Outside of two AmEx's I barely use (and thus transferred all but $1k from), this remains my lowest card limit. But, it is something! Requested $5k ($3.1k CLI) over the phone, countered with $2.4k ($500 CLI). Soft pull (which CSR confirmed before submitting), may have used the 770 EX FICO 9 I last saw through them.

===================================================================

Do you regularly use this Propel card? Can you be more specific about barely use- like once a month or once in 3 months or otherwise? Prior to this time when the last time you got CLI on this? Tnx

Message 9 of 13
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Wells Fargo Propel, Chase Amazon Prime & AMEX Hilton Surpass CLI's

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.