Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiffany's Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tiffany's Approval

687 Fico 8 and was able to get approved for a Tiffany's credit card. 1% Utilization on all cards. They pulled TU and EQ. Starting limit is $1k which is ok since I'm just starting out with them. If anyone knows, how many months do I need to wait until I can request a CLI? Thanks.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Tiffany's Approval

CLIs are typically based on any expected purchase on the card. Tiffany's isn't like Comenity, SYNCB, or similar private label cards.

IIRC, the earliest timeframe is usually within 6 months to determine whether your account is eligible.

If within 6-12 months you anticipate a large purchase that may exceed your current CL then you can contact them to see if that's possible.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I will do that CLI increase request at the end of the year on a large purchase.
Message 3 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats isn't Tiffany's a hidden TL as well so utilization shouldnt factor in?

Message 4 of 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Congrats isn't Tiffany's a hidden TL as well so utilization shouldnt factor in?

Yes, Tiffanys is hidden. It will only report to the 3 CRA's if in default.

Congrats OP, Ive had my card for a combined total (long story), for 12 yrs. As @FinStar stated earlier, They give you a "limit" to start with and to reference your purchases by, but as time goes on, you then call into credit and tell you you want to make a purchase, (if its over your limit), and they will either decline it, or let you. You can call in every 6 months to request a CLI. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.