cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiny $400 BOA Cash Rewards CLI (student)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tiny $400 BOA Cash Rewards CLI (student)

I have had the BOA Cash Rewards student for just over 90 days now. That means I was elgible for a CLI. This is my weakest card at $500, and after requesting $15,000 on the form today, it only grew to $900. This is sort of disappointing compared to my other cards, but I'll take it.

Was paid down to under 10% utilization before the statement closing date every month and paid on time.

8 REPLIES 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Tiny $400 BOA Cash Rewards CLI (student)

Grats on your CLI Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had the BOA Cash Rewards student for just over 90 days now. That means I was elgible for a CLI. This is my weakest card at $500, and after requesting $15,000 on the form today, it only grew to $900. This is sort of disappointing compared to my other cards, but I'll take it.

Was paid down to under 10% utilization before the statement closing date every month and paid on time.

Nice progress

Remember, Credit Building is a Marathon - Not a Sprint (you already have some Key lenders in your Portfolio)! Smiley Wink

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your increase! Keep up the good work and it will continue to grow!

Message 4 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your increase

Message 5 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 6 of 9
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congratulations on what we at myFICO call your first AJC special  ( a $500 CLI )

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the CLI, even if it's not what you originally requested.  Not to worry, as long as your profile remains strong, it will grow exponentially.  Give it time OP.

Message 8 of 9
Credit_Aficionado
Valued Member

Congratulations on the CLI. If I can remember correctly that was how BOA was with me as well. I am a student and I have had the card for two years now. Just keep marking your calendar for when you can apply for another CLI, it just took time with them for me to get where I'm at now.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.