Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today's CLI Scorecard: James -- 2; Synchrony -- 3

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today's CLI Scorecard: James -- 2; Synchrony -- 3

Lazy Saturday morning means -- let's get some CLI!

Off to my five Synch accounts I went:

Care Credit: YES to 6000 CLI request from 9K to 15K. Asked for 20K but NO. This is the 4th CLI (6/25 x 2; 9/20) since account opened for 1K on June 2018.

Conn's :         NO; last CLI was Sept 20th.

JC Penney:   NO; last CLI was Oct 8th.

Lowes:          YES to 15K CLI to 25K. This is 2nd CLI (first was on 9/17) since account opened for 2K on Sept 17th. Was tempted but did not ask for the 35K -- I want to save something for January. 

Walmart:       NO; last CLI was Oct 3rd.

Interesting that the same lender will approve 25K on one card but not 10K on another. Surely the underwriting criteria varies from one store brand to the other, which maybe serves as a sort of microcosm for the variety of outcomes the same applicant can achieve across a variety of bank lenders (Cap1, Amex, Disco, Chase, etc). I guess the uncertainty is part of what makes the credit game exciting (I know I know, it's NOT A GAME. Yet ...)

Current Fico 08's are EX 724; TU 752; EQ 752

Overall Utilization <4% with 0% purchase balances remaining on Lowes and Conns equaling about 2K.

Note: I used the Care Credit card for the 1st time about 2 weeks ago -- medicine for < $10. I don't know if it mattered, but it's still a DP.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Today's CLI Scorecard: James -- 2; Synchrony -- 3

Nice shot James🏀😋

Any data points?......😋😁
Message 2 of 18
atst2000
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the CLI’s. Did you do this through CS or luv button online?
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@atst2000 wrote:
Congrats on the CLI’s. Did you do this through CS or luv button online?

Thank you, atst2000. All were done online. I only ever call when there's no other way, or for a Disco Double. 

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
... Any data points?......😋😁

I'm guessing this comment is meant to be interpretted as humorous but I'm not getting it -- maybe you can spell it out for me? I like a laugh as much as the next person and hate to feel like I'm missing out. 

Message 5 of 18
Remedios
Credit Mentor

James, on Wally, its every 120 days. 

Mark your calendar lol

Message 6 of 18
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Oh and congrats

Message 7 of 18
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Lazy Saturday morning means -- let's get some CLI!

Off to my five Synch accounts I went:

Care Credit: YES to 6000 CLI request from 9K to 15K. Asked for 20K but NO. This is the 4th CLI (6/25 x 2; 9/20) since account opened for 1K on June 2018.

Conn's :         NO; last CLI was Sept 20th.

JC Penney:   NO; last CLI was Oct 8th.

Lowes:          YES to 15K CLI to 25K. This is 2nd CLI (first was on 9/17) since account opened for 2K on Sept 17th. Was tempted but did not ask for the 35K -- I want to save something for January. 

Walmart:       NO; last CLI was Oct 3rd.

Interesting that the same lender will approve 25K on one card but not 10K on another. Surely the underwriting criteria varies from one store brand to the other, which maybe serves as a sort of microcosm for the variety of outcomes the same applicant can achieve across a variety of bank lenders (Cap1, Amex, Disco, Chase, etc). I guess the uncertainty is part of what makes the credit game exciting (I know I know, it's NOT A GAME. Yet ...)

Current Fico 08's are EX 724; TU 752; EQ 752

Overall Utilization <4% with 0% purchase balances remaining on Lowes and Conns equaling about 2K.

Note: I used the Care Credit card for the 1st time about 2 weeks ago -- medicine for < $10. I don't know if it mattered, but it's still a DP.

Congrats! Along with the new Propel. Good month for you. 😀 

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

James, on Wally, its every 120 days. 

Mark your calendar lol

Interesting, I hadn't read that (or if I had I'd since forgotten). But my calendar is now marked. Thank you.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@blindambition wrote

Congrats! Along with the new Propel. Good month for you. 😀 

Thank you, ba. It has been a productive month. And it's not over -- a lot of month still left!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.