Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too soon for new card? Update: Approved

tag
Nomad3
Frequent Contributor

Too soon for new card? Update: Approved

I'm pre approved for Discover it, but i just got my 2nd card ever with a SL 1500, TCL 3000. Oldest card is about 15mo, newest is 0mo. Closed auto shows as 11year oldest account. EX8 was 744/764 when I was approved for Propel, haven't checked since the HP.

I can meet my WF Propel SUB naturally and put enough through it to show worthy of CLI. And I can also make enough through Discover it miles match (with the rest of my spend that doesn't accept Amex) this year that it would be worth it financially, again natural spend.

Is my history too young? I have until Feb to decide so the INQ won't affect future mortgage app, otherwise I won't be making any CC apps for 2years

I don't _need_ this card, but I have the itch and want to amass my empire of rewards. Pull the trigger?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Too soon for new card? preapproved

You need 3 cards for maximum scoring boosts so if you're pre-approved, why not?

Message 2 of 18
Nomad3
Frequent Contributor

I thought it was 3 accounts total and my closed auto filled that? Or is it supposed to be 3 open to maximize score?
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 open revolving accounts.

I say go for it.
Message 4 of 18
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

3 open revolving and 1 open installment

Message 5 of 18
Nomad3
Frequent Contributor

Well I did the deed! Approved 2k. Highest SL to date. Can't wait to see if they used my SP from checking my score through them before I app'd Propel instead of hitting me with a HP.

Now I can sit back and relax until it's mortgage time! Thanks for enabling me you guys lol
Message 6 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Nomad3 wrote:
Well I did the deed! Approved 2k. Highest SL to date. Can't wait to see if they used my SP from checking my score through them before I app'd Propel instead of hitting me with a HP.

Now I can sit back and relax until it's mortgage time! Thanks for enabling me you guys lol

Sweet, enjoy it Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 8 of 18
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your new account!

Message 9 of 18
DoctorManhattan
Frequent Contributor

Congrats !!
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.