Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Torrid Approval!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Torrid Approval!!

Ya'll! finally...FINALLY i got approved for Torrid Store Card . I currently have a lane bryant card which is owned by Comenity Bank as well and after owning the LB card for 5 months i applied for torrid in store and whatever was wrong with their systems in store denied me for a card or as i was told 'cant make a decision at the moment' and was told to apply online (this was in july) but after applying on line was told denied..i waited a week and applied again and got a letter saying that due to recent application i need to wait 30 days. well i applied today and was finally APPROVED for $250 CL. good start--considering I'm still rebuilding but to date i have the following cards: LB: $250; VS (authorized on wife's) $250; Fingerhut $300; BofA (partial secure) $500 FICO Ex: 580; TU: 587 FAKO Eq 606; TU 616 (credit karma)

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Torrid Approval!!

Congrats!!!  Keep up the good work on the rebuild.  Smiley Happy

I see you have the BofA Secured Card;  Might I suggest some really good

secure cards to go along with that mix you have going on there:

Discover Secured ($200)/Capital One Secured/USAA AMEX Secured if you're a Member.

Message 2 of 11
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you  !!!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATULATIONS !!!  Small baby steps toward the right direction. Keep up the good work. Been at your shoes at one point. There are several phone apps you can get for free to keep track of your progress. Good luck !!!

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I do have quite a few apps that I'm obsessed with and I keep up with it daily Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ya'll! finally...FINALLY i got approved for Torrid Store Card . I currently have a lane bryant card which is owned by Comenity Bank as well and after owning the LB card for 5 months i applied for torrid in store and whatever was wrong with their systems in store denied me for a card or as i was told 'cant make a decision at the moment' and was told to apply online (this was in july) but after applying on line was told denied..i waited a week and applied again and got a letter saying that due to recent application i need to wait 30 days. well i applied today and was finally APPROVED for $250 CL. good start--considering I'm still rebuilding but to date i have the following cards: LB: $250; VS (authorized on wife's) $250; Fingerhut $300; BofA (partial secure) $500 FICO Ex: 580; TU: 587 FAKO Eq 606; TU 616 (credit karma)

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!  But don't apply for any more Comenity cards, they aren't worth what the hard pull does to your scores.  If you wanted more Comenity cards (though I don't recommend), try the shopping cart trick.  Your scores might be a little low, but also try the Capital One pre-qual site and see if the Quicksilver or Quicksilver1 show up for you and get an unsecured card that could double in 3-6 months.    

Message 7 of 11
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on approval!   It's always great to get a "yes" during a rebuild.   It sounds like you have a good base if you want to Garden.

BTW, are you able to use the Torrid card at Hot Topic?  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!  But don't apply for any more Comenity cards, they aren't worth what the hard pull does to your scores.  If you wanted more Comenity cards (though I don't recommend), try the shopping cart trick.  Your scores might be a little low, but also try the Capital One pre-qual site and see if the Quicksilver or Quicksilver1 show up for you and get an unsecured card that could double in 3-6 months.    

thank you so much for that advice! Smiley Happy ill definitely make this my last comenity card..was thinking about it as well...i keep getting just the secured option...i dont want that i want, like u said, the quicksilver..or any one of there unsecured ones Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on you rebuild. As stated before, try to just use and pay the cardsoff then try for a major credit card-Visa/MC! Congrats again.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.