Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Rewards Visa Approval - SCT resulted in HP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Total Rewards Visa Approval - SCT resulted in HP

I logged into Total Rewards the other day and finally got the beutiful popup message "Congratulations - You Are Pre-Approved".  It simply asked for income and last 4 of SSN, which others have noted is the equivalent of the soft pull Shopping Cart Trick.  It also had my name and phone number pre-populated.  My phone number has changed, so I updated that.  I believe this update caused it to go from an instant approval to 7-10 day message.

Two days later I got the notification of inq on EQ.  Fast forward a week, and I got a notification of a new tradeline for $2,500.  Card just came in the mail today, confirmed $2,500.

I was hoping for just the SP, but I am happy to finally have the card.  I was previously rejected about two years ago for too many inquiries.  I was also hoping fo a higher SL, but I guess I will just have to build it up.

I activated the card and imediately went to the CLI request page.  I previously read reports there is a check box which you can uncheck so it remains only a SP CLI request.  Unfortunately I do not see the checkbox, only text saying they reserve the right to pull it.  Any clarification in this department would be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

Re: Total Rewards Visa Approval - SCT resulted in HP

mine was back in 2016 and it was indeed a hard pull @Equifax congrats and enjoy Smiley Tongue

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 2 of 8
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Indeed Total Rewards is one of the few SCT card that HPs at application. Mine was a HP back in May of 2015. No check box on the CLI pages mean SPs.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is one of two Comenity cards I have.  Love this and Sportsman's Guide Visa.

After about 9 months start your 4 months plus one day CLI schedule.  You'll have a great limit in no time.

These have the best occasional BT offers also.  No transfer fees and 18 months 0% financing.

Message 4 of 8
peghede
Valued Contributor

Problem with those  vs/mc comenity  cards they grow slow like slow.lol compared to comenity store cards  .

(Mod cut)

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on the approval. 

Message 6 of 8
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approval. Good to know all of these Total Rewards cards are not SP

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on Approval
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.