Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triple app, 2 approvals and 1 denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Triple app, 2 approvals and 1 denial

I had read a few posts before applying and pretty much all said that you have to wait for at least a year before applying for a second Discover card. Most posts said that there was some sort of verification along the lines of having to upload a picture of your driver´s license and your social or a home bill. Other ones said they had to call and answer some questions.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had read a few posts before applying and pretty much all said that you have to wait for at least a year before applying for a second Discover card. Most posts said that there was some sort of verification along the lines of having to upload a picture of your driver´s license and your social or a home bill. Other ones said they had to call and answer some questions.

Yeah, I know about the 1 year between apps thing for sure.  Just don't recall reading it being a consistent thing that people had to go through additional verification.  Vaguely recall reading about 1 person that maybe had a fraud alert or something and had to, but not every where.  Also kinda took the upload as more or less a POI/tax returns type thing more so than just ID verification.  My bad.

Guess I have some reading to do either way.  Thanks!

Message 12 of 16
Merlin3482
Contributor

Thank you for the information on this.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I know about the 1 year between apps thing for sure.  Just don't recall reading it being a consistent thing that people had to go through additional verification.  Vaguely recall reading about 1 person that maybe had a fraud alert or something and had to, but not every where.  Also kinda took the upload as more or less a POI/tax returns type thing more so than just ID verification.  My bad.

Guess I have some reading to do either way.  Thanks!

Well, I don´t really know if it´s that common but most posts didn´t include details about their application process and the few that did were consistent with the verification process. So it could be that that process was only for a few people or most posts didn´t include those details. I guess it could be either way. 

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congradulations!

and Welcome to The USBank Family

And The BofA Rewards.

I give up on Discover...Im stuck at a $11.8k SL ...dead stuck, They will not give me a second card Period.

and they are the only Bank in 34 years That took AA against Me, Balance Chased Me, I thought why the heck did they give Me an offer

for 0% and not let me fully utilize it for Balance Transfer?, I called and told them if they continue to Balance Chase MeSmiley Mad, I'll stop paying!..Haha!

I guess I pissed Them Off, so they wont budge, even though I regained My SL from them.

Treat Me Like That..deep in the sock drawer they went....I havent swiped the card in over a yearSmiley Very Happy

I have been approved for 15 cards and they wont give me a second card. ... Disco No Luv for Me ...

Not one single late payment with them since i opened a new card in 2016..

I had a card opened in 1999 with them, had it for 10 years (pretty Large SL at that time)....used it to build my Business...

I was once told "YMMV" ...guess what?...it Did!

Message 15 of 16
Merlin3482
Contributor

Very nice 2 out of 3 isn't bad at all. Congratulations!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.