Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True Value Discover CLI

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

True Value Discover CLI

This is THE month i been patiently waiting for.

A first SP CLI for the newest Comenity Cards obtained back in September.

New approval starting limit WAS at $4500. It was just increased by $800 via luv button.

This card is incredible folks. They just mailed out a $30.00 off discount coupon on the next purchase.

TrueValue.jpg

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
someg33k
Established Contributor

Re: True Value Discover CLI

Congrats!

Do you actually shop at all at True Value? I have the store only version of this card in the sock drawer, and probably going to close it soon. Only reason I have kept it is for the zero % financing option. Many of their physical stores do not even accept my card! I tried to use it and they kept trying to tell me it was some sort of gift card! Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@someg33k wrote:

Congrats!

Do you actually shop at all at True Value? I have the store only version of this card in the sock drawer, and probably going to close it soon. Only reason I have kept it is for the zero % financing option. Many of their physical stores do not even accept my card! I tried to use it and they kept trying to tell me it was some sort of gift card! Smiley Tongue

Oh man that is a let down and who can blame you for that decision.

I would too

Being in a semi rural area yes there are some True Value Stores that i do shop at even out here.

In fact i waited patiently over a whole year to finally land this card. (useful for me)

Was denied once before when my credit was still fairly young.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, CM7, that is very good news!

Some days I still miss my True Value Discover after deciding to close it (sad), it was a fun and unique card to have! Comenity has been acting so weird that I'd rather limit my exposure with them to just Total Rewards Sig Visa and Good Sam Sig Visas right now. I'll probably close Good Sam Visa next year to keep my overall limits at a reasonable level, and to focus more on my rewards cards. Smiley Happy

What a fun evening we had applying and getting approved in tandem for this Discover card, didn't we?  Exciting Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats CM. One of the Comenity cards I wish I still had along with BJ's. 

Message 5 of 11
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

There is a store locater and you can check off credit card to make sure that location will acceept it

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CLI.

Message 7 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Thanks.

Yeah for a Hardware Store chain this card is always handy to use there for their discounts plus they mail you out some really nice offers too.

Plus It's also A DISCOVER CARD!

Message 8 of 11
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 9 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@alextercero wrote:

Congrats

Thanks alextercero

Reading the Credit Card Forums found a post about lowering the APR.

Didn't know Comenity did this so fired off a SM with my own request awhile ago.

Current APR on this card stands at 20.99%. They emailed back saying give them a couple days for review.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.