Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Approvals - PayPal Credit / Amazon Store Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two Approvals - PayPal Credit / Amazon Store Card

Hey guys,

I’m bad at sticking in the garden. As i recently got another Amex card, today i got tempted again.

PayPal kept e-mailing me about applying for PayPal Credit, figured i hit the link in my e-mail and got approved for a an “okay” SL of $800. Can’t complain though. A quick FYI, i only had to enter the last 4 of my SSN to get approved, haven’t read on that on this board as far as i know and i didn’t had a HP notification. I do, however, want to know how fast they are with CLI’s ?!

Also, since they’re Comenity and i know about the hidden tradeline, but their transitioning into Synchrony.... would that affect my application mentioned below....?

Since i had itchy fingers and moving to a new place next month, i figured hey...let’s apply for an Amazon Store Card, they offer a $40 giftcard and my TU could take a hit anyways.

Approved with a $1400 SL, did not expect that as the PayPal one was significantly lower.

So, anyone that has tips on increasing limits both with PayPal Credit (Comenity soon Synchrony) and Amazon (Synchrony) since i plan on having my utilization lowerered.

Also does that switch, making me end up with 2 Synchrony accounts, hurt me? As far as AAoA goes, good thing they opened the same day!

Some Datapoints: TU was 686 / EQ 679 / Ex 694

Only 2 inquiries on TU last 6 months, 7 on EQ last 6 months and over 12 on EX (shame,shame).

Oh and i thought since i had my Discover IT for 6 months now (5 statements) i applied for another Discover and got denied, they pulled EX. :-( guess it’s pretty obvious why they denied!

Now i’m officially gardening for 6 solid months at least, so i get back in the 700’s again!
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Two Approvals - PayPal Credit / Amazon Store Card

Congrats on both approvals

Message 2 of 7
Batsamandrobin
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey guys,

I’m bad at sticking in the garden. As i recently got another Amex card, today i got tempted again.

PayPal kept e-mailing me about applying for PayPal Credit, figured i hit the link in my e-mail and got approved for a an “okay” SL of $800. Can’t complain though. A quick FYI, i only had to enter the last 4 of my SSN to get approved, haven’t read on that on this board as far as i know and i didn’t had a HP notification. I do, however, want to know how fast they are with CLI’s ?!

Also, since they’re Comenity and i know about the hidden tradeline, but their transitioning into Synchrony.... would that affect my application mentioned below....?

Since i had itchy fingers and moving to a new place next month, i figured hey...let’s apply for an Amazon Store Card, they offer a $40 giftcard and my TU could take a hit anyways.

Approved with a $1400 SL, did not expect that as the PayPal one was significantly lower.

So, anyone that has tips on increasing limits both with PayPal Credit (Comenity soon Synchrony) and Amazon (Synchrony) since i plan on having my utilization lowerered.

Also does that switch, making me end up with 2 Synchrony accounts, hurt me? As far as AAoA goes, good thing they opened the same day!

Some Datapoints: TU was 686 / EQ 679 / Ex 694

Only 2 inquiries on TU last 6 months, 7 on EQ last 6 months and over 12 on EX (shame,shame).

Oh and i thought since i had my Discover IT for 6 months now (5 statements) i applied for another Discover and got denied, they pulled EX. :-( guess it’s pretty obvious why they denied!

Now i’m officially gardening for 6 solid months at least, so i get back in the 700’s again!

Congrats on your approvals! I've got the Amazon Store Card as well, but haven't asked for any increases yet. Based on what I've seen around the forums, you can try and call in for a CLI once you receive all your account information in the mail. If that doesn't work, it seems as if somewhere around 3 months is the sweet spot. As long as scores are in the same ballpark or higher at time of CLI request, Sync is known to give out large increases.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Typically, the higher your TU score the higher your SL and future CLIs with Synchrony. 700+ particularly 720, seems to be a sweet spot. There’s a chart on the board somewhere. I thought I’d saved it but I can’t find it. In short, give it some time before requesting. Make your request count. Usage helps too. Marathon it...don’t sprint it.

Discover only approves a second card after the first card is a year old.

Regarding PayPal Credit, you can’t technically request a CLI, at present. To try to force one, you have to attempt a purchase above your current CL. They may then grant you a CLI to make the purchase. It can be temporary or it can be a permanent increase. In most cases, it sticks

Auto-CLIs seem fairly common with PayPal Credit too. Mine started at $1000 but it’s now at $4000. I only forced a CLI purchase once to ($1250 & $1750 we’re autos) $2000. The rest have been autos. Useage seems to help.

The useage theory should work for the Amazon card too. My dad has one he hasn’t used once though. It started at $1500 and he got a SP CLI to $2500 at the 3 month mark. So it’s possible to grow it without useage.

Congrats on your success!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great jobSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval. I also got my Amazon.com Store Card today with SL $1100.

The FICO 8 scores one day before the time of application 771 TU / 734 EQ / 730 EX, but have very thin history of 6 months. I heard that Synchrony pulls out hard from TU, but they pulled EX for me. I had applied for Amex BCD yesterday, and they have requested for identity because of recent move. Fingers crossed, they approve me. I wonder what my EX scores are now with 2 hard pulls in just 2 days.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.