Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Approvals in One Day!

tag
DangerNoodle
New Contributor

Two Approvals in One Day!

When I turned 14, my parents added as an AU on their credit card. They had excellent credit, a high credit line, and have never missed a payment. Any time we'd go anywhere, I'd swipe my card instead of them swiping their card. Last November, when I turned 18, I went to BofA to open a Cash Rewards account for myself. I got approved for a $1200 CL and also found that my FICO score was 780.

Fast forward to today, I made two applications, one for the BofA Travel Rewards card and the Chase Amazon Prime Rewards card. I got approved for both, a $3500 CL on the BofA Travel Rewards card and only $500 (huh?) on the Amazon Rewards card.

Still rocking a 775 and I'm only 18. I can't thank my parents enough for helping me build my credit when I was younger, it definitely paid off.

But I'm just curious, it is common to get a low CL on the Amazon Prime Rewards card?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Two Approvals in One Day!

Congratulations on getting your new cards as they will help you on your build! Your parents did a great thing by adding you as an AU when you were younger. As far a a $500 SL on your Amazon, I dont know but hopefully others will chime in. Seems to me that your a potential younger Stephen Liao in the wing lol

Message 2 of 7
ShatteredK
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approval of both cards!
.:: AmEx Gold Delta | AmEx Blue Cash | Citi AAdvantage | Chase Amazon Prime Signature Visa | Wells Fargo Platinum::.
02.15.18:
Today:
Message 3 of 7
DangerNoodle
New Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Seems to me that your a potential younger Stephen Liao in the wing lol

Haha, I appreciate the flattery, but there's no way in hell I'd ever measure up to Stephen Liao Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Even though you have a high score, its a very thin file so your 775 wont be the same as someone who has more established history. Having 3 prime credit card at 18 is an amazing feat but just be careful and dont rush it. A $500 sl from Chase means they want to get to know you. Most people can score a Chase with less than a year of credit. we dont anything about your income but take you time and build your profile right. You are off to a wonderful start and i wish you years of successSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great! They did you a favor that you can never repay. I wish I saw more stories like this and wish my parents did this for me when I was young. Its all good though. Some of us have to learn the hard way any way and earn it. But I will be doing this for my kids when they get old enough. Great idea .

Message 6 of 7
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the great start and kudos to your parents for doing this for you. And I mean for adding you as an AU to help you build a credit history, but more importantly, for maintaining a great credit history themselves. I’ve also heard cases where the opposite happens and kids end up in an unfortunate position without even knowing.
Now just make sure you follow their steps and keep a strong profile on your own. Best to you!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.