cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two CLI - Saks & Neiman Marcus

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Two CLI - Saks & Neiman Marcus

Saks - opened in November 2018, SL = $750. Haven't bothered to ask for a CLI since then, so I called yesterday and got it raised to $3000. Should've asked for more since there was no counter, but I will call back next month.

Neiman Marcus - opened since like...2013? Original SL = $700. I asked for an increase in January of 2019 to bring it to $2000. Since then, I've spent maybe $200 and paid it off. I was bored today and since I recently had luck with Saks (same issuer, Cap 1), I decided to shoot for a CLI since it's a SP. I called and asked for $6000 and they countered with $5000. Good enough for right now and helps my overall utilization - this should actually push me to right around 9% which means my goal for 3% is on the horizon.  

Both cards have a $0 balance - I'll probably put a bit of spend on it and pay it off and try and go to $10k in six months as some of my new accts age. 

I know some of you here don't like store cards, but I am definitely into designer things (within my limits and what I can spend in cash) so I love these cards and their points systems!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Two CLI - Saks & Neiman Marcus

Grats on the double play Smiley Happy
"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
Mega Contributor

What?, No NordstromSmiley Very Happy Seriously Congrats!!!

Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

HAHA, I had Nordstrom with a really nice limit, but closed it. 

I'll be doing another purge sometime soon, however Saks and NM will not be a part of it Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
Highlighted

Was it a soft pull for the CLI?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@aprilsfool wrote:

Was it a soft pull for the CLI?

Thanks!

Yep!

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@CreditJourney007 wrote:

HAHA, I had Nordstrom with a really nice limit, but closed it. 

I'll be doing another purge sometime soon, however Saks and NM will not be a part of it Smiley Happy

Awww, sadness!  I love my Nordstrom Visa Signature!  :-)  It actually had the prime real estate location in my wallet for people to see.  Smiley Very Happy

Congrats on your CLIs.  It's always a good feeling.  I do enjoy a nice trip through Saks when I find one.  

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($5800) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Uber Barlayscard ($5000) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Closed - Capital One Secured - It's not in my wallet. :-)

Feb 2020 EQ 792 - - Feb 2020 TU 781 - - Feb 2020 EX 809

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.