Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Rebound Approvals

tag
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

Two Rebound Approvals

I have a big purchase this month (new hardwood floors) and figured I would get a few SUBS for it. After gardening for 8 months I applied for the US Bank Altitude Reserve but was denied (denied again on recon). So... Having already exited the garden with two HPs (and still planning on getting my floors) I went for the next two cards on my short list and both were approved. Worth noting: US Bank pulled EQ for the app and EX for the recon which I was not expecting. They are usually a TU puller (my best score) Smiley Sad

NFCU Flagship Rewards $20K SL (50000 points SUB)

Capital One Savor $20K SL ($300 SUB)

On a side note, this is my first NFCU credit product of any kind. And, because there have been more than a few posts from people being denied the Flagship as their first card, I was a little nervous. But, it worked out. 

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Two Rebound Approvals

US BANK WHO? Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your approvals 

Sorry about the denial Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hahaha you sure pulled two whales out of the ocean riding that AR denial. Congrats! 🥳 

Message 4 of 20
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Congrats and enjoy those SUBs!

Dwight Congrats.gif

Message 5 of 20
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals! It sucks about the denial but I wouldn't worry too much about it since the other 2 more then make up.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on some really nice approvals!!

Bummer about AR; that's the next card on my list. But your 2 other approvals more than make up for it!
Message 7 of 20
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

BOOM !!!..YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS  on your Rebound approvals - NFCU Flagship Rewards and Capital One Savor, and the AWESOME  SLs!!!  

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

The USB TU puller thing is normally only when opening a Checking and adding a CC to the app process. 

Outside of that process they're known to pull any of the 3 CRA's.

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.