Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Two Rebound Approvals

Congrats! Great subs too!

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals!  Those are two solid cards to have in your portfolio.  Condolences for the US Bank denial. 

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty awesome rebound approvals! Congrats on your new NFCU Flagship and Cap One Savors cards! Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m kind of tempted to rebound too. US Bank serving up the pain today. 

Message 14 of 20
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

Pain indeed. I am still feeling dejected. Smiley Frustrated 

In fairness to them, I only use my cash+ for utilities (my 5% category) and I max it out every quarter. So, I'm certainly an unprofitable customer for them. Perhaps that had somerthing to do with it. And, at my current pace of travel to the UK, where contactless is ubiquituous, I was going milk the 4.5% mobile payments teet dry...

Message 15 of 20
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Caardvark wrote:

I have a big purchase this month (new hardwood floors) and figured I would get a few SUBS for it. After gardening for 8 months I applied for the US Bank Altitude Reserve but was denied (denied again on recon). So... Having already exited the garden with two HPs (and still planning on getting my floors) I went for the next two cards on my short list and both were approved. Worth noting: US Bank pulled EQ for the app and EX for the recon which I was not expecting. They are usually a TU puller (my best score) Smiley Sad

NFCU Flagship Rewards $20K SL (50000 points SUB)

Capital One Savor $20K SL ($300 SUB)

On a side note, this is my first NFCU credit product of any kind. And, because there have been more than a few posts from people being denied the Flagship as their first card, I was a little nervous. But, it worked out. 

That's a wonderful consolation returning excellent results for you after a flat out DUD courtesy that nasty EQ. FWIW to anyone else, i always have lousy returns thanks to EQ as well. I try to steer well clear of EQ pullers because it's notoriously my worse score.

Big Congrats! to the very nice pair of approvals in spite of the curve ball experienced at first.

Message 16 of 20
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Yikes HUGE approvals! Congrats! The bank that rejected you is gonna want you back. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 17 of 20
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the two approvals and sweet SL and Subs!

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on both approvals! 

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice approvals and SLs, congrats! 😊

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.