Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Same-Day Approvals!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two Same-Day Approvals!!

Members,

I don’t post much on here, but I am a long-time lingerer. I’ve learned so much over the years from these pages.

I’ve been building up my overall profile this year. I’ve been trying to diversify my profile with travel, fuel/grocery and cash back cards. The other day, I was feeling froggy and decided to apply for a Citi Premier and PenFed Platinum. I received instant approval on both of them! My CL on the Citi card is $3,600 (kind of low) and $5k on the PenFed card (minimum amount issued for that card). I should mention I became a PenFed member while simultaneously applying for the card. I’ve read where they are somewhat conservative with new members. I hope these two cards work well for me. My plans for them aren’t super complex and I’ll probably carry both of them daily.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Two Same-Day Approvals!!

Congratulations! This is awesomeness! Smiley Happy

Would you be so kind to provide some DP's? 

Message 2 of 11
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!  

April 2024: Experian 769; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I apologize but, I’m somewhat new to the acronyms on this forum. What are DP’s? 🤔
Message 4 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Welcome and congrats!! Your Citi limit is almost what one of mine is and has been stuck at for years, so you did well there!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals .. can you provide us some data points ?, score , uti ,

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ron,

I was actually just reading about your PenFed post! I guess I’m fortunate that I received an instant approval.

I also have a Platinum AAdvantage card with Citi and they gave me an auto-increase last month, so maybe that’s why my starting limit is lower. I was kind of nervous applying for the Premier. It seems to be their top-tier card right now, since the Prestige disappeared.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure! As of a couple of days ago:

EQ: 690
TU: 701
EX: 685

My current total utilization is 16-17%. Out of 9 current cards, only 2 have lingering balances. I plan to have them paid off by the new year. My wife has bought a few things since I’ve been deployed 😂😂 No big deal. Happy wife, happy life.
Message 8 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I love FROGGER and nice to see a LingererSmiley Wink Too many lurkers Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for posting this , I myself have been on the rebuilding Credit Process , and have been on the quest to finding credit cards with good approval so I dont lose the points, I have done what Credit Karma reccomended which was Capital One Journey, Credit one Platinum, and Fingerhut. Recently I have found through a friend My Jewelers Club, and DSXDesign , both in store credit cards and gave me each a 5k credit line and shot my credit up 45 Points total. Looking for one more to hit 680+!! Let me know how that PenFed reports. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.