Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Walmart CLI this month

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two Walmart CLI this month

I started my rebuild in April with a secured Cap1 and Discover, both at $200 limit. The Walmart store card was the first unsecured card I was able to obtain, approved for it with a $200 SL in June. Tried to get a cli right away through Credit Solutions, no dice. Tried the luv button within the first month, no again. Tried chat after second statement, and still no. Waited until 4th statement cut on the 14th this month and hit the button, instant increase to $650. Decided to call C.S. again this morning and asked for $3K - approved! Probably should have requested more!

I'm thinking I may be okay to app for the PayPal 2% MC next month. I'm going to wait until my new NFCU Go Rewards is posted to the bureaus, showing the $1600 SL on that one. Cap One also gave me the standard 6 month increase from $200 to $500 at the beginning of the month. Discover will hopefull unsecure and increase when the 7th statement reports on Nov. 24. I also picked up the AMEX Green in August and have been using it for most of my spend. I really want the BCE or EDC from AMEX and then I'll be set for a while I think. 

Thanks to all the great info on this forum, I feel my rebuild is going spectacularly. In April I had a thin/non-existant file. Now in the low 700s on all three bureaus. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Re: Two Walmart CLI this month

@Anonymous wrote:

I started my rebuild in April with a secured Cap1 and Discover, both at $200 limit. The Walmart store card was the first unsecured card I was able to obtain, approved for it with a $200 SL in June. Tried to get a cli right away through Credit Solutions, no dice. Tried the luv button within the first month, no again. Tried chat after second statement, and still no. Waited until 4th statement cut on the 14th this month and hit the button, instant increase to $650. Decided to call C.S. again this morning and asked for $3K - approved! Probably should have requested more!

I'm thinking I may be okay to app for the PayPal 2% MC next month. I'm going to wait until my new NFCU Go Rewards is posted to the bureaus, showing the $1600 SL on that one. Cap One also gave me the standard 6 month increase from $200 to $500 at the beginning of the month. Discover will hopefull unsecure and increase when the 7th statement reports on Nov. 24. I also picked up the AMEX Green in August and have been using it for most of my spend. I really want the BCE or EDC from AMEX and then I'll be set for a while I think. 

Thanks to all the great info on this forum, I feel my rebuild is going spectacularly. In April I had a thin/non-existant file. Now in the low 700s on all three bureaus. 

Congrats!!

Message 2 of 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your Wally increases. You are doing very well. You could give it one more phone call to see if you left anything on the plate. Worse they do is say no more soupSmiley Wink maybe ask for 5kSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You think I should do that this soon? I was thinking more like wait a couple more months. Account will be six months old mid-December.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.