cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two approvals in one week!

VictorHDM
New Contributor

Two approvals in one week!

I just wanted to share my excitment because thanks to this community I have learned a lot about how to keep a healthy credit and how to apply for credit!
Many young adults would be fearful of applying for credit cards, due to the issues our parents faced. My parents have a bad history with credit, so I also learned from their mistakes, but that doesn't discourage me from applying.

This week I applied for the Discover It Miles and was instantly approved for $1,500. It's not much but I only have less than 2 years of credit history. Just this morning I applied for the Barclay Apple Card, because I wanted to finance a new iPhone, however I was declined at first. Thanks to what I have learned from this community, I knew better than to give up, so I called the backdoor number found on the hepful threads. The rep on the line was very nice and he asked me a few questions about my credit, how I use it and what I plan on doing. I gave all the right answers, again, thanks to what I have learned from all of you! So he approved me for the Apple card! 

Not long after that I placed my order for a new iPhone 7 that I will finance interest free for 12 months!

Now I have 2 credit cards, 1 retail card and 1 secured card, plus that Chase Hyatt that's still "on hold", waiting for the DMV to send me my DL so I can send it to Chase. That ends my little "application spree", and I don't plan on applying for any more CCs (especially if I do get the Hyatt) for 2 years until my inquiries go away. Instead, I'm going to work on growing my current credit, getting CL increases and keeping utilization under 10%. 

Thanks again! It was a very succsefull application spree in my opinion! 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CYBERSAM
Valued Contributor

Re: Two approvals in one week!

Congrats on your success!

Message 2 of 6
Noxqs
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval! The great thing about the Apple card if you're a Mac-addict like me, is that they offer the 0% percent financing over and over. I've been re-offered the deal every time I've paid off a promo. I didn't get one last time so I called in and they had no issue giving me another apple offer for another purchase. 

2/5/18 EX 738 TU 751 EQ 737 9% Util All reports on ice! Gardening again!
NFCU CR ($25,000) | BofA CR ($19,800) | Discover ($12,300) | BofA BBR ($7,000) | Amazon ($6,000) | Citi Costco ($7,900) | Marvel ($8,000) | Chase Amazon ($6,000) | Paypal MC ($8,000) | Barclay Apple ($4,300) | AMEX BCE ($12,000) | AMEX ED ($1,000) | Cap QS ($3,400) | GM Buy Power ($2,000) | Citi DC ($2,700) | Wayfair ($9,400) | Victoria's ($4,000) | NFCU CLOC ($15,000) | Tiffany & Co ($1,000)
Message 3 of 6
VictorHDM
New Contributor

@Noxqs wrote:

Congrats on your approval! The great thing about the Apple card if you're a Mac-addict like me, is that they offer the 0% percent financing over and over. I've been re-offered the deal every time I've paid off a promo. I didn't get one last time so I called in and they had no issue giving me another apple offer for another purchase. 

Thanks! That's good to know! 

Message 4 of 6
notloso
Regular Contributor

Congrats! 

It's an amazing feeling to get what you desire Smiley Happy

FICO 8 TU 825 | EX 824 | EQ unknown as of 6/23/2021
Total Credit Line: 146.3K (util 0%) | Inquires 4 | 4 | 3
Message 5 of 6
Bella007
Senior Contributor

Congratulations, VictorHDM! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 679;TU 647; EX 679 Gardening since 11/7/18
Beginning Scores-- EQ 632; TU 576; EX 619 FICO 08 (06/13/16) - BK7 discharged 11/2015
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.