Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two more Chase approvals

tag
steel_string
Regular Contributor

Two more Chase approvals

Just picked up the Freedom and Freedom Unlimited at $15K each. Got hit with two hard inquiries on TU.

$75K income, 807 FICO from my Slate as of 06/03. Around 1% utilization.

Chase Sapphire Preferred ($24.005k), Fidelity VS ($17K), United MileagePlus Explorer ($17K), Chase Freedom ($15K), Chase Freedom Unlimited ($15K), AmEx Blue Cash ($12.5K), IHG One Rewards Premier ($6.1K), US Bank Cash+ ($5K)
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Two more Chase approvals

That's nice x2. Congratulations Steel.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 12
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@steel_string wrote:

Just picked up the Freedom and Freedom Unlimited at $15K each. Got hit with two hard inquiries on TU.

Congrats on your success, and very nice starting limits (Chase is usually conservative on those cards' SL's)

I have a question - Why would you apply for Freedom AND the Freedom Unlimited at the same time since its pretty much the same card ?  

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on 2/3 of the trifecta!

Pipeguy, they are not at all the same. Freedom has 5% rotating categories, Unlimited is only 1.5% flat on everything.

Or 5 UR / 1.5 UR
Message 4 of 12
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on 2/3 of the trifecta!

Pipeguy, they are not at all the same. Freedom has 5% rotating categories, Unlimited is only 1.5% flat on everything.

Or 5 UR / 1.5 UR

Understood, I had the regular freedom and "upgraded" to the FU basically because like Discover "targeted spending" is too much of a PITA for me trying to remember who what when (I use the GM card for 5% on everything for the first $5k of spend every year). As far as "other benefits" I didn't see any difference. I basically stopped using the regular Freedom whereas I do use the FU today, but that's just me. 

Thanks for getting back to me...

Message 5 of 12
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Pipe - GM 5% is only redeemable on a car right?  I can't recall since it's not talked about much here and it's been around for ages now.

Others - FU isn't really that conservative as they just approved mine for 25.9K back on 6/4.  It's about your overall profile when they assign the SL. Whereas the Aamzon card tops out usually in the 10K neighborhood on SL's and they also approved 10K on that as well 6/4.  The highest SL's seem to come out of the CSP/CSR's though in comparison but, that's in my book because of the AF's and the spend they're geared for just based on the bonus requirements of 3-5K to get the bonus.  FU only takes $500 to get the bonus and that's a pretty easy ask for a 3 month period.  

I find w/ Chase you're definitely put into a bucket based on where you're approved at for an overall profile.  When you jump to the next scoring bucket or two then it's time to app for something new to reap the rewards of a better SL/APR for the long term.  I got bucketed low on my Slate that's been open now for about 10 years and stuck at $5500 / 17% APR but, now that my profile ranks on the top 10% for scores the door swung wide open for the combined ~$36K in approvals. 

Keep your head down and get your profile together if you want to achieve more with Chase Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 12
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@steel_string wrote:

Congrats Steel. I picked up the FU today also. So far only a TU HP, but they did double pull me last time, so who knows

Message 7 of 12
steel_string
Regular Contributor

@Jerry45 wrote:
Congrats Steel. I picked up the FU today also. So far only a TU HP, but they did double pull me last time, so who knows

Took a look at my EX, and they did EX/TU for the CSR on May 27, then hit EX once and TU twice on Jul 1 for the F and FU.

Chase Sapphire Preferred ($24.005k), Fidelity VS ($17K), United MileagePlus Explorer ($17K), Chase Freedom ($15K), Chase Freedom Unlimited ($15K), AmEx Blue Cash ($12.5K), IHG One Rewards Premier ($6.1K), US Bank Cash+ ($5K)
Message 8 of 12
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

That's odd to see so many hits from just 2 cards.  When I did FU/Amazon though they hit EX/EQ once each and I have no clue which was for which card.  I guess the computer was choking on your approvals or the CRB was being latent and didn't respond quick enough for the inquiry it went to the next CRB for the pull.    Of course if you want a triple pull all you have to do is app for a Crap1 and you'll be obliged unless you freeze them.

Message 9 of 12
steel_string
Regular Contributor

I was a little disappointed to not get the single pull for two cards on the same day, but I don't have any plans to apply for more credit in the forseeable future, so I suppose it's a moot point.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.