cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two more auto CLI's... Thanks to hefty NFCU SL?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Two more auto CLI's... Thanks to hefty NFCU SL?

So I'm working on the spreadsheet where I keep all my credit and bill info, and as I log in to each account I have (I do this twice a month), I notice I have two auto CLI's:

Sportsman's Guide:  +$800

Barclays' Rewards:   +$1,950

I appreaciate the increases, but REALLLY Barclay's, you couldn't have made it an even $2,000?  lol

I think this is further benefits of getting my NFCU goRewards.  I know Barclay's had a history of wanting to be one of the cards with the higher limits in a person's profile.  I hope FNBO is paying attention, since this coming statement will be 4 months from my last auto CLI.

I'm actually paying Barclay off in full this month, so I'm hoping to get some balance transfer offers after a couple months of no activity.  If I'm lucky, I will get an offer before my 0% for 6 runs out on NFCU or my 0% for 12 runs out on my Discover.  (Not that I want to carry a balance, but I have some larger home repairs coming up, and it'd be nice to spread them out for 6-12 months without having to take out a HELOC!

*AND*... Transunion 8 hit 700+ for the first time in probably 8 years!  The other two aren't far behind... Balances are dropping each month, so the scores should keep going up!

Its been a GREAT November, credit-wise!

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $15K | PNC Core: $15K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $6.8K | MLife: $6.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | NRA: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | Cap1 PS: 2K | TRV: $2.8K | Cabela's: $1K |

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 735 | TU: 741 | EX: 733

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Two more auto CLI's... Thanks to hefty NFCU SL?

Congrats to you on your success!...YOu think your Barclays CLI is weird/bad....my limit is $7,090. Im like really..."90"...cmon couldn't just hand me $10 more, or just take away the 90 all together?? LOL..

My rebuild worked for me, but won't necessarily work for you!
BK7 D/C- 08/2013
Message 2 of 5
Valued Contributor

Yes. Congrats!! Feels good when your credit starts to fall in line. 

"Hover mouse over cards to see CL and APR info"

Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Congrats on your CLI's! I've noticed that Lowes MC seems to give some pretty fat credit limits, I don't know if that would help you with your rennovations or not. Research some posts on here, I myself am now focussing on the bigger limit cards to boost that score.

Filed CH7 BK 7/15. discharged 10/15
Rebuild started 1/16 with scores of (EQ 517)(TU 547) (EXP 534)
Current scores (EQ 624) (TU 607) (EXP 774)
Overstock 500/700 I Open Sky 200/closed I Pay Pal MC 500 I Fingerhut 700/1400 I Primor 250/closed I One Nevada CU 500/closed I Target 500 I HC Credit 6000 I NFCU 1000 I Capital One Quicksilver 1000
Authorized User on I Cap One 700 I Barclay Visa 500 I Discover 17,200
Message 4 of 5
Valued Contributor

Congrats though any increase is a good increase!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.