>>current scores 12/11/21
EQ Fico9 759 | TU Fico9 763 | EX Fico9 768
EX fico 8 753 | EQ Fico8 745 | TU Fico 8 760 | Navy score 294
Message 12 of 22
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: U.S. Bank Altitude Connect Approval $17,000

Super congrats! 
You were 2/24 and almost 0/24 not counting the refi?

A few years ago I closed USBank and have regretted it ever since.
Working out how to get back in. I have a legacy State Farm, but that's it.

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 13 of 22
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@woodyman100 wrote:

Super congrats! 

Hard to believe after a few years of LOL/24, isn't it?  Yes (kinda-cheating Amex business cards aside) I would be 5 days away from 1/24 right now and a couple of months from 0/24 had it not been for those meddling kids zoinks this and the Wells Fargo card the same day.  I'll still be in good shape 5/24-wise when I decide to go for a Chase Marriott again later on.

Before these forums and deciding I needed another 5% card (in retrospect, a great decision) with Cash+, I would probably have never really thought about US Bank.  Not even sure where the nearest branch might be?  Ohio, maybe?  When you say "get back in," was there an issue before that might be a roadblock?

Message 14 of 22
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

Super congrats! 

Hard to believe after a few years of LOL/24, isn't it?  Yes (kinda-cheating Amex business cards aside) I would be 5 days away from 1/24 right now and a couple of months from 0/24 had it not been for those meddling kids zoinks this and the Wells Fargo card the same day.  I'll still be in good shape 5/24-wise when I decide to go for a Chase Marriott again later on.

Before these forums and deciding I needed another 5% card (in retrospect, a great decision) with Cash+, I would probably have never really thought about US Bank.  Not even sure where the nearest branch might be?  Ohio, maybe?  When you say "get back in," was there an issue before that might be a roadblock?

I'm glad for you. Only 18 months behind youSmiley Very Happy

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 15 of 22
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

Super congrats! 

I'm glad for you. Only 18 months behind youSmiley Very Happy

They're not fond of my accounts and inquiries. If I just chill on apps then I'm back in. No harder than that. I'm hoping for a back door to open though.

Message 16 of 22
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

When I came out of the pseudo-garden last Friday, I also applied for the U.S. Bank Altitude Connect for its elevated $550 SUB (Olympics promo).  It went pending, which didn't worry me too much as my Cash+ and Altitude Reserve cards were both approved after not being instant approvals. 

Honestly, I wasn't sure how this one was going to go but figured the SUB was worth taking the chance.  Since I got my other 2 cards, they have since switched to using FICO 9 scores which for me have always been quite a bit lower than my FICO 8 scores (9s on clean scorecards seem to not be happy with higher individual card utilization and/or raw dollar amounts).  Also I have no banking relationship with them, I already had $49,500 with them in revolving credit lines, my spend hasn't been much at all on AR since the pandemic began due to fewer options to use mobile payments,  and Cash+ doesn't get anything outside of 5% spend.

It was a long 6 calendar days (3 day weekend involved) of "your application is still in process" according to the automated line, but the card just appeared in my account and I was approved for $17,000.  They actually pulled EX when I was expecting a TU pull.  I am not sure exactly where my EX 9 score was on Friday but I am estimating around 750ish (EX 8 was 791 that day).  I mentioned pseudo-gardening and that's because I have opened 2 more business Amex cards in the past 2 years, but my reports are only showing my last two personal cards (FNBO China Airlines almost 24 months ago and Synchrony Rakuten almost 21 months ago) and a mortgage refi in September for new accounts in the past 26 months.  No idea on the APR yet, but I'm definitely happy about this approval and with total U.S. Bank revolving lines at $66,500 they have now moved up to the #5 spot for me in that regard (behind BoA, Amex, Navy, and Synchrony respectively).

K has officially left the garden and is out with a vengeance! Congrats on the new 🧦 card! Will @Remedios be going for this one as well? grin.gif

BTW, if you have a PNC account, they show your EX-09.

Message 17 of 22
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Oh, I'm back in The Garden now!  Smiley LOL  $62k total in new revolving lines for 3 pulls in 1 day is a definite win and a good stopping point.  I don't have a PNC account.  <avoids temptation to browse their selection>

Message 18 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Big congrats, my friend!  screamer.gif

We're now U.S. Bank twins, LOL! 

(Well, sorta... I have the same three cards, but with smaller credit lines... very appropriate for my profile/resources, though.)

If someone had told me years ago that I would have a card with U.S. Bank - much less three - I would have laughed.  Smiley Very Happy  Truthfully I've had absolutely no complaints... they've been solid as a rock for me. Smiley Happy

Again, congrats! Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@woodyman100 wrote:

Super congrats! 

You'll eventually get back in once your Union Bank accounts transfer to US Bank some time this year 😉

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.