Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Approval

Real nice approval, K. Congratulations!

And thank you for all the details provided.

Message 21 of 31
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Huge congrats my friend!!  That's a fantastic approval on an awesome card!  screamer.gif

LIKE-A-BOSS.jpg

Message 22 of 31
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations, K!!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

K,

Congrats on your approval. If your signature is updated for cash+ it looks like they give you a similar limit to that card. I found it odd that USBank gave me almost the same limit on my Altitude as I have with my Cash+? Coincidental or is this a fledgling data point? Maybe I am just rambling, but long story short, Congrats! I love the card!

Message 24 of 31
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats K on your approval! Definitely would be a good time to garden now!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 25 of 31
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats BostonianSmiley Happy

Serious question, does this card only work above sea level?
Message 26 of 31
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats, sir, on your (other) new card! Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 31
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats, K! 🎉🎉🎉

Message 28 of 31
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

Sweet! now recon that SL **bleep** to $50k Smiley Happy

Also, pretty excited that we gained another member to participate in the AR threads with our usual 4 or so people Smiley Very Happy haha

You don't know how tempted I am to call underwriting and tell them (with a straight face) that they gave me a 30x CLI upon activation on my  Cash+ card and I would like them to do the same for my Altitude Reserve.  With a $420,000 credit line I'd be more inclined to use the card regularly.  Smiley LOL

One thing I neglected to mention under reasons I got the card was thanks to the mobile redemption feature, I can truly get 1.5 cents per point on this by buying airfare wherever it's cheapest (not just in their portal) and still get the 3x points on my redemption.  That's one advantage this does have over CSR.  They trade blows in different areas, but I still think the CSR is the better card for most people and it would be nice to also have transfer partners to get more than 1.5 cents per point.

Ok. I'm sorry to burst your bubble here (or maybe just half the bubble). So yeah, with RTR you get to redeem the points after a purchase at 1.5x and you're not limited to a portal (although I'd still suggest you check it because I recently found a car rental on the USB travel portal for a LOT less than even the usual sketchy sites, and you can still pay with any card if you don't want to use points). However, you won't get the 3x for the purchase that you used the points redemption for. In fact, it's just like the CSR, you don't get any points for purchases they apply your points towards. 

I found out because my OCD likes to count points when looking at statements, and noticed I was missing a bunch. 

I still support your temptation to call and recon the SL, though. Smiley Happy

Thank you for the clarification!  The early reviews stated otherwise, so it sounds like either the early reviewers were mistaken (or more likely all quoting from the same wrong source) or USB has changed that since the launch of mobile redemptions (as Chase did with their portal redemptions).  Okay, so Amex still reigns supreme on giving you points on top of your points (portal redemptions and airline fees still earn 5x points on Platinum, the Membership Rewards value and airline credits are applied as statement credits).  I'll try to watch my alcohol consumption on Black Friday so that I don't call underwriting.  Smiley Embarassed

Just reviving this post because it looks like I might've made a mistake in my calculations. I got another statement with RTR credits, and now my points add up to the exact figure of total purchases x 3, including the transaction that was credited with RTR. I don't see the points deduction for the RTR amount like I thought I did before, so it looks like you do earn points on the purchase. Sorry for the confusion.

Message 29 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and very nice SL !!!!

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.