Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Auto-CLI

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Auto-CLI

I've gone back-and-forth about even posting about this, but I finally decided this might be a valuable data point so here I am, LOL.

Without further ado, I found out just by checking my accounts online that U.S. Bank has given me a $5k auto-CLI on my Altitude Reserve ("The Precious").  The new credit line is $20k. Smiley Happy

The card was opened three years ago (2019) at $15k, where it's been ever since (until now).  I did request a CLI once, right after the one year anniversary, but they needed a HP so I let it go (and I immediately regreted even asking, LOL).  Truthfully, $15k is more than sufficient for my needs so I was quite OK with it already.

Anyway, the third anniversary just passed a few days ago which seems to be the trigger for this increase.  There was no notification, no email, and no letter (at least not yet), the CLI is just 'there'. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My scores are all 790-810's depending on bureau and version, and due to bonuses on other cards I've not been using the AR as often as I once did.  My spend for the last 12 months was just under $12k.  With my Connect (now Cash+ #2) approval last year I figured I was almost certainly tapped-out at U.S. Bank, but I guess there was a little meat left on the bone after all, ha.

My cards with U.S. Bank are the Altitude Reserve at $20k, Cash+ $11k, and Cash+ (#2) $5k.  

Hopefully some will find these data points helpful.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Auto-CLI

@UncleB, I guess Socks Bank wants to keep giving to you 😂

*wink and a poke here since no one else knows what I'm talking about and we will let them wonder for all eternity until otherwise said or provoked by untold 3rd parties*

Congrats on the increase there! 😎

Message 2 of 25
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@simplynoir wrote:

*wink and a poke here since no one else knows what I'm talking about and we will let them wonder for all eternity until otherwise said or provoked by untold 3rd parties*

Thanks!  LOL, I'm sure not complaining! Smiley Very Happy

It's strange, I applied for my first Cash+ card back in December of 2017 almost as an afterthought... many folks spoke of how 'tough' U.S. Bank could be, and frankly I was going to be happy with a $500 approval.  I had no idea in a few years I'd be running the majority of my spend though their cards, haha.

They've treated me exceptionally well, and now that contactless is picking up (nearly everywhere now for me but Walmart and Kroger) I could easily use the AR for almost everything.  Right now I'm juggling other cards mostly just for bonuses, but I can easily see myself "settling down" with The Precious for the long haul, LOL.

Message 3 of 25
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

Thanks!  LOL, I'm sure not complaining! Smiley Very Happy

It's strange, I applied for my first Cash+ card back in December of 2017 almost as an afterthought... many folks spoke of how 'tough' U.S. Bank could be, and frankly I was going to be happy with a $500 approval.  I had no idea in a few years I'd be running the majority of my spend though their cards, haha.

They've treated me exceptionally well, and now that contactless is picking up (nearly everywhere now for me but Walmart and Kroger) I could easily use the AR for almost everything.  Right now I'm juggling other cards mostly just for bonuses, but I can easily see myself "settling down" with The Precious for the long haul, LOL.

Think that had more to do with the barrier of entry with US Bank than anything else or at least that's how I saw it. Once you're in though and can clear the AR app requirements hurdle you're pretty much set for life...or at least as long as US Bank doesn't do any major changes to their AR card like mobile purchases and RTR. I'd still rock the Cash+ because of utilities alone but spend wouldn't be as much with them for sure lol

Guess that's where my second squeeze the PR card from BofA would sweep in to save the day 😂

Message 4 of 25
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nice, enjoy the higher credit line!  My AR & Cash+ are at 15K and that is more than I really need.

Message 5 of 25
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the increase!

Message 6 of 25
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Auto CLI

Message 7 of 25
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your US Bank Altitude Reserve auto-CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 8 of 25
Pway
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 9 of 25
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations, @UncleB

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.