Papa_Bear
Frequent Contributor

Re: U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Auto-CLI

Congratulations!

Message 11 of 25
OniStringer
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the increased line an extra credit!

Started with LOW 500s - Actively rebuilding as of early 2019
//
Message 12 of 25
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

👍 Congrats on the auto-luving UncleB!
Message 13 of 25
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve auto-CLI . . . that's awesome!!!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 14 of 25
nytokyobred79
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I've gone back-and-forth about even posting about this, but I finally decided this might be a valuable data point so here I am, LOL.

Without further ado, I found out just by checking my accounts online that U.S. Bank has given me a $5k auto-CLI on my Altitude Reserve ("The Precious").  The new credit line is $20k. Smiley Happy

The card was opened three years ago (2019) at $15k, where it's been ever since (until now).  I did request a CLI once, right after the one year anniversary, but they needed a HP so I let it go (and I immediately regreted even asking, LOL).  Truthfully, $15k is more than sufficient for my needs so I was quite OK with it already.

Anyway, the third anniversary just passed a few days ago which seems to be the trigger for this increase.  There was no notification, no email, and no letter (at least not yet), the CLI is just 'there'. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My scores are all 790-810's depending on bureau and version, and due to bonuses on other cards I've not been using the AR as often as I once did.  My spend for the last 12 months was just under $12k.  With my Connect (now Cash+ #2) approval last year I figured I was almost certainly tapped-out at U.S. Bank, but I guess there was a little meat left on the bone after all, ha.

My cards with U.S. Bank are the Altitude Reserve at $20k, Cash+ $11k, and Cash+ (#2) $5k.  

Hopefully some will find these data points helpful.

Congratulations on the increase. 

Avoided credit cards after ruining my financial health but got back into the game in 2019 after a 20 year hiatus
Total Revolving CL- $204,500 | Order of Opened Cards
Delta SkyMiles Blue- SL-$1K | CL- $22.6K
(pc'd from SkyMiles Platinum back to Blue)
Delta SkyMiles Reserve- SL- $10K | CL- $20K
Chase Sapphire Reserve- SL $20K | CL- $39K
Cap 1 Venture Rewards- SL $10K | CL $ 19.5K
Amex Everyday Preferred- SL $13.1K | CL $10K ( moved some limits around )
Chase Freedom Unlimited: SL $23.4K| CL $36.8K
BOA Unlimited Cash SL: $20.8K| CL $10.8K(moved some limits around)
BOA Travel Rewards SL: $20.8K | CL $5.8K(moved some limits around)
Amex Blue Cash Everyday SL: $10K
Amex Green Card: NPSL / POT: 17K
BOA BankAmericard: SL: $5K | CL: $30K
Message 15 of 25
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats old friend! Thats a terrific CLI! And great limit overall! Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 25
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats!!!  Not gonna lie, you made me look at my accounts faster than my brain could register "anniversary date."  Fingers crossed maybe I will see something when Cash+ turns 5 in October or AR turns 4 in November.  All of my increases were requested except that first Cash+ increase of 30% ($4500) that was what we'll call semi-auto since they emailed me the link to request it back when they did them that way.  My limit is overkill on Cash+ but I would like another $500 since that ,500 irks me. 😂 

Also, like you not expecting them to become part of your regular life, I never expected to still have Cash+ years later.  Since I am out of the service area, C+ was just my excuse to be able to app for Altitude Reserve and C+ has been pretty lucrative with the 5% utilities category.  Congrats again!

Message 17 of 25
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Gmood1 wrote:

Congrats old friend! Thats a terrific CLI! And great limit overall! Smiley Happy

Thanks so much, my friend!

I can definitely say, "no regerts," LOL!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 25
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Congrats!!!  Not gonna lie, you made me look at my accounts faster than my brain could register "anniversary date."  Fingers crossed maybe I will see something when Cash+ turns 5 in October or AR turns 4 in November.  All of my increases were requested except that first Cash+ increase of 30% ($4500) that was what we'll call semi-auto since they emailed me the link to request it back when they did them that way.  My limit is overkill on Cash+ but I would like another $500 since that ,500 irks me. 😂 

Also, like you not expecting them to become part of your regular life, I never expected to still have Cash+ years later.  Since I am out of the service area, C+ was just my excuse to be able to app for Altitude Reserve and C+ has been pretty lucrative with the 5% utilities category.  Congrats again!

Haha, I wouldn't be surprised at all if you get another "bump" from them as well!  Smiley Very Happy

I've only requested an increase on a U.S. Bank card once, and they wanted an HP so I've never tried again (and truthfully I didn't need it, anyway).  They gave me a auto-CLI on my first Cash+ that didn't coincide with the anniversary, so I've given up on trying to figure them out, LOL.

I was truly surprised I was even approved for the first Cash+ (I was being naughty with apps at the time).  Later on, getting the AR was a pipe-dream that I finally decided to just go for and miracle of miracles they approved it (I've joked that the underwriter must have either been in a good mood that day, or needing to make a quota, ha).  I can safely say that I won't be 'poking the bear' for quite a while, if ever... I'm comfy where they have me.

Hopefully your own auto-CLI will be showing up soon! Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 25
PapaTunde
Established Contributor

Congrats on your CLI

All Fico9 835+ or there abouts

These violent delights have violent ends
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.