Did you mean: 

U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve

Congrats, @UncleB !

...that's definitely worth jumping the fence.  Smiley Wink

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 61 of 75
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Congrats Uncle B!

Message 62 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

I've shared before that the AR was somewhat my 'white whale', the card that was likely out-of-reach but it was fun to think about and it gave me a reason to continue gardening (goals, right?).

Anyway, I've been gardening for a while (as of last week only one new account in the last 12 months, a CSP in February) and I'm about as "pretty" credit-wise as I'm ever going to be.  I figured that if there's ever a chance of getting the AR - even with a small credit line - this is the time.

I applied on Saturday night, and it went to review.  I had mixed-feelings on that, since on the one hand I had already decided to not recon (either a denial or credit line) but on the other hand having to wait is never fun.  When it went to review, though, I knew that at least I wouldn't be having to recon a denial since 'eyes' would already be on the app, and hopefully I wouldn't be stuck with a system-generated tiny credit line.

A few hours ago I got this message:

Altitude.png

You could have knocked me over with a feather. swoon.gif

I would have been pleased with a $5k credit line, and over-the-moon with $10k, but $15k... I admit I'm quite happy. Smiley Very Happy

I have a lot of credit for my income (many would say too much) but apparently that didn't bother them.  I have no idea why they can be so tough on some with great profiles, but I suspect having all my secondary bureaus open and only having one new account in 12 months likely made a difference.

So for all my gardening friends, gardening really does work... I'm proof!  Smiley Wink

Very nice!

Message 63 of 75
wingennis
Valued Contributor

Congratulations🥳. I want to be like you when I grow up (or at least in December when my last late falls off).  Amazing SL.

Message 64 of 75
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new card @UncleB!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 65 of 75
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Big Congrats UncleB! Well deserved my friend. Enjoy 😉
Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 66 of 75
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Thanks so much for all the kinds words everyone!

I was nervous at first since the account didn't appear on my USBank dashboard right away (like others have reported), but overnight that was cleared up and I can now see the new account right next to my Cash+. Smiley Happy

Now it's just a matter of getting the card, adding it to Samsung Pay and Google Pay, and making the spend requirement for the bonus! Smiley Very Happy

Again, thanks to all and especially those who encouraged me to stick to my goals and to @Remedios who gave me the last extra 'push' to get it done already!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 67 of 75
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Smiley HappyHeart

I got the email two days ago congratulating me on approval 😂

USlow Bank lol  

Message 68 of 75
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

Smiley HappyHeart

USlow Bank lol  

I know, right?  USlow, indeed. Smiley Frustrated

I got an email to be on the lookout for an "all new" app, but when I followed the link to "learn more" turns out the new app is only for iOS; those of us with Android will be waiting a bit longer.  Smiley Indifferent

At least they are working on it, I guess.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 69 of 75
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@UncleB wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Smiley HappyHeart

USlow Bank lol  

I know, right?  USlow, indeed. Smiley Frustrated

I got an email to be on the lookout for an "all new" app, but when I followed the link to "learn more" turns out the new app is only for iOS; those of us with Android will be waiting a bit longer.  Smiley Indifferent

At least they are working on it, I guess.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I got that one, too. I think it said a couple of weeks to replace whatever is it that they are calling "app"now. It aint

On a positive side, at least they did beta testing on People Of iFruit. Probably because they are used to using whatever they are allowed to. 

My favorite part of that email as them letting me know about 3% on mobile payments as if it was some hidden benefit.  Like...who knew Smiley LOL

Message 70 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.