Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S Bank Application

tag
william23
Regular Contributor

U.S Bank Application

All,

I applied a week ago but the visa signature cash back card. My wife and I opened a new account with them and wanted to have a card. I got a letter in the mail saying they needed to verify some information. I called and they asked me about the inquiries. He said that is the best explanation I have ever gotten then he proceed to ask me about previous addresses. I verified all the information and he said that is all I need thank you!. He did not provide me with a decision. If I call the automated system now it tells me they were unable to pull my information and I have not received an email or anything. Has this ever happened to any of you? 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: U.S Bank Application

Most U.S Bank applications are manually reviewed.  This is normal... Hang in there and update once you have word of the final outcome.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@william23 wrote:

All,

I applied a week ago but the visa signature cash back card. My wife and I opened a new account with them and wanted to have a card. I got a letter in the mail saying they needed to verify some information. I called and they asked me about the inquiries. He said that is the best explanation I have ever gotten then he proceed to ask me about previous addresses. I verified all the information and he said that is all I need thank you!. He did not provide me with a decision. If I call the automated system now it tells me they were unable to pull my information and I have not received an email or anything. Has this ever happened to any of you? 

Ok I'm curious, what was your explanation for all the inquiries? (I may need to borrow it in the future Smiley Wink ).

Message 3 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@william23 wrote:

All,

Ok I'm curious, what was your explanation for all the inquiries? (I may need to borrow it in the future Smiley Wink ).

Curious as well... I give up on trying to explain them and said my dog applied, least you might get a laugh out of the UW Smiley Happy.. Although i tend to avoid talking with them whenever possible

Message 4 of 13
william23
Regular Contributor

Well.... I am not sure if it was the best but I will share. He might have been busting my balls. I said well I will be completely honest with you. I've worked really hard to improve my credit and finally I hit a point where I could get rid of some of my sub-prime cards, bad interest rate cards and get some cards I would actually use. Also, my family and I have not had a vacation in ages so I applied for some of the cards to get some of those bonuses and trust me I am really grateful for them. Also, I was mortgage shopping and that is the reason I have a few more inquiries. I was very genuine and I was just being honest. Then I said I might have a few new accounts but if you look at them you will see activity and payments in full.

I just called and the lady said I have to wait 24-48 hours for the system to decide. She said everything looks really really good based on the conversation I had earlier. Whatever that means...... Keeping my fingers crossed.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Us bank/Elan have separate agents/analysts that you talk to that confirm information needed for the analyst who is actually assigned to your application (unless your app is moved to a senior UW but that information is not normally shared with an applicant).
Message 6 of 13
william23
Regular Contributor

Do I get an email if declined/approved? or do I just wait for the letter?

Message 7 of 13
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

With US bank you pretty much just wait for a letter
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is probably why I don't have a US Bank CC...they are a tough tough cookie Smiley Happy

Good luck but I think you got the card after that long explanation lol. 

Message 9 of 13
william23
Regular Contributor

Update:

Approved!!!!!!!! Only 1k but I'll take it to get my foot on the door. I get now the gold checking which my wife and I wanted. No monthly fee.

Super excited !!!!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.