Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Bank Cash+ Auto-CLI

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

U.S. Bank Cash+ Auto-CLI

Hello friends!

I tend not to post about CLIs too often, usually only when there's something about one that I feel might be helpful to others in the community.  Today's U.S. Bank auto-CLI falls under that category.

I opened the account back in December, and was approved with a generous (for me) credit line of $7500.  I use the card for utilities and fast food, which of course happen to be my two 5% categories (I have restaurants set as my 2% category as a fall-back in case a fast-food place is coded wrong).  I used it to purchase my laptop back in March (approx. $800), and since I have a 0% promo through December I've not been in a hurry to pay it down.

A couple of days ago I realized I only had a little over $100 left on the balance I was carrying (not counting new charges) so when I made my payment I decided to zero-out the card.  The payment posted yesterday, and today when I checked the account online my credit line is $11k.

TL;DR... old credit line $7.5k, new credit line $11k.  Smiley Happy

The payment isn't due until the 22nd so I'm still mid-statement, and depending on when you start counting (due to the manual underwriting) it has been nearly exactly nine months since the account was opened.  That said, I tend to think that getting the account back to a zero balance might have been the trigger (although I admit this is pure speculation).

I was pleased with the old credit line (and I'm pleased with U.S. Bank in general) but this was a nice surprise to wake up to.  Hopefully these data points will be helpful to other U.S. Bank cardholders in the community.

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: U.S. Bank Cash+ Auto-CLI

Congrats on the CLI. I have a US Bank Cash + as well, but it's only been 3 months. Hopefully, following your method of using and PIF, I can score one too!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 2 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the unexpected CLI! Did you happen to check if they did a HP of your credit? I'm assuming they didn't, but figured I'd ask.

Message 3 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CLI.

Now if only they would give me an auto-cli on my $500 Platinum card that was also opened last December.

Message 4 of 37
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the unexpected CLI! Did you happen to check if they did a HP of your credit? I'm assuming they didn't, but figured I'd ask.

Thanks!  There was no HP.  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 37
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@xaximus wrote:

Congrats on the CLI. I have a US Bank Cash + as well, but it's only been 3 months. Hopefully, following your method of using and PIF, I can score one too!

Thanks!  I don't know for sure that my CLI was driven by getting back to PIF, but it certainly won't hurt to give it a shot!  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 37
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the CLI.

Now if only they would give me an auto-cli on my $500 Platinum card that was also opened last December.

Thanks!  I have no idea how I ended up doing so well with them... others with profiles stronger than mine have had to recon their starting credit line, while I was given $7.5k out of the gate.  Good luck with your own Platinum!  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the CLI.

Thanks!  I have no idea how I ended up doing so well with them... others with profiles stronger than mine have had to recon their starting credit line, while I was given $7.5k out of the gate.  Good luck with your own Platinum!  Smiley Happy

That $500 SL just annoys me Smiley Happy I applied for it during the holidays and I was  sure I got a denial email then early in January the card showed up in my mailbox.  At the time I didn't know that I could recon the SL so I just left it alone . But I did get a Cash+ with a $15K SL in February so it all worked out.  I figure that eventually they will come around on the Platinum.

Message 8 of 37
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice CLI.. Us Bank likes your my friend.  Glad they are working for you!

Message 9 of 37
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats!  I'm (almost) ashamed to admit that I'm riding out a balance transfer on mine.  LOL  We'll see if they're as kind to me when I pay that off; they've certainly been trying their best to get me to go for the Altitude Reserve.

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.